JOHN CARLSON MAY BE HIGH ON GIANTS' WISH LIST

JOHN CARLSON MAY BE HIGH ON GIANTS' WISH LIST

"After losing both Jake
    Ballard
    and Travis
    Beckum
    to torn ACL's during Super Bowl XLVI, the New York
    Giants
    are in near-desperate need of a tight end for the 2012-2013 season.
    And with a weak tight end class in the upcoming NFL Draft -a class that includes no legitimate
    first-round talent- Big Blue will be forced to look toward free agency for an
    answer.

A player that is likely to catch their eye, and may already be on their wish
    list, is soon-to-be free agent John
    Carlson
    of the Seattle
    Seahawks

Seattle
    Seahawks
    ' tight end John
    Carlson
    raises the ball after he scores a touchdown against the New Orleans
    Saints in the first quarter of the NFC's wild-card playoff game on Saturday
    January 8, 2011 at Qwest Field in Seattle. Carlson caught two touchdown passes
    from Matt Hasselbeck in their 41-36 win over the Defending Super Bowl Champions.
    (UPI /Jim Bryant)

"Hearing [Carlson] might be high on wish list if his shoulder check out and
    he hits the market," Pat Traina of Inside Football tweeted.

Carlson has caught the Giants' eye before, as the team was rumored to be
    interested in trading for him a year ago. However, a shoulder injury caused him
    to miss the entire 2011 season, and diminished all potential of a team like New York
    attempting to acquire him.

While not considered an elite tight end, Carlson's stock was improving prior
    to his injury and he could be a low-risk style signing for Jerry Resse &
    Co.

In 47 career games, Carlson has 137 receptions for 1,519 yards and 13
    touchdowns."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Re: JOHN CARLSON MAY BE HIGH ON GIANTS' WISH LIST

High on my wish list too.

He is a good TE.

I remember we played a game against Seattle a few years ago where we destroyed them, but he hada good game against us.

Great Route-Runner, Great Hands.

would be a solid B-grade acquisition.

smells like a Reese-like signing to me.

I'd be Ok with it.

(Now onto RBs)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]would be a solid B-grade acquisition.

I'd be Ok with it.

(Now onto RBs)[/quote]

How do feel about Mike Tolbert or Michael Bush?

I like Tolbert a lot, I think he could help us in a lot of areas.

Bush is a tough runner too.

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]would be a solid B-grade acquisition.

I'd be Ok with it.

(Now onto RBs)[/quote]

[/quote]

Tolbert's a tubby mule, I've seen games where he looked like he dogged it.

But Mike Bush, to me, is an under the-radar quality Back. He has power and can move piles.

I wouldn't be upset if Bush came aboard.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

All-Pro

well coming off the injury he may not get a great offer ... we obviously are highly motivated to sign a reliable TE, so it could be a good match

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]would be a solid B-grade acquisition. smells like a Reese-like signing to me. I'd be Ok with it. (Now onto RBs)[/quote]

[/quote] Tolbert's a tubby mule, I've seen games where he looked like he dogged it. But Mike Bush, to me, is an under the-radar quality Back. He has power and can move piles. I wouldn't be upset if Bush came aboard.[/quote]

I can't say I have watched many Charger games, so I can't say if Tolbert dogged it or not.

But the games I have seen him play he is a legit player and could be great fit for the Giants.

Great size for a running back, 5 ft 9 in 247 lbs. Exceptionally quick for his size, and has great hands out of the back field.

Another factor is I feel we will not be able to sign Michael Bush, their will be many teams interested in his services. I don't think Tolbert will get as many looks as Bush will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeurG53N6KM

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]would be a solid B-grade acquisition. smells like a Reese-like signing to me. I'd be Ok with it. (Now onto RBs)[/quote]

[/quote] Tolbert's a tubby mule, I've seen games where he looked like he dogged it. But Mike Bush, to me, is an under the-radar quality Back. He has power and can move piles. I wouldn't be upset if Bush came aboard.[/quote]

I can't say I have watched many Charger games, so I can't say if Tolbert dogged it or not.

But the games I have seen him play he is a legit player and could be great fit for the Giants.

Great size for a running back, 5 ft 9 in 247 lbs. Exceptionally quick for his size, and has great hands out of the back field.

Another factor is I feel we will not be able to sign Michael Bush, their will be many teams interested in his services. I don't think Tolbert will get as many looks as Bush will.

[/quote]

I like Tolbert too. Versatile Player.

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]

I like Tolbert too.* Versatile Player.
    [/quote]

the thing u have to remember about Bush is that he suffered a horrible leg injury his final year at Louisville I believe. When he was drafted by Oakland, he still had to rehab. Then Oakland went onto draft and sign a few more quality RB's, notably McFadden and Fargas.
    Bush has fresh legs, even when he's been a part of Oaklands scheme, it was as a backup unless McFadden was injured.
    Bush will be too expensive for this reason imo. he was going to be one of the top players drafted before he hurt himself in college, he was that good the season before the injury.

I'd prefer not to get Tolbert, I'd rather Bush but he'll be out of our range imho. If we can get Bush I'd be ECSTATIC and would expect Bush to start, which again, makes no sense to sign him bc then we'd have to pay him more than Bradshaw which is the issue we had with Jacobs in the first place.

Thats why Tolbert makes more sense than Bush despite not being as good a talent. He could fill in Jacobs role pretty well plus be a passing option. But yes, the moderator is correct, there's been stretches of the seasons where he disappears, plus he also makes boneheaded decisions at times. Like when SD played NE this past season, Tolbert inexplicably changed his path w/o need, ran backwards and cost his team a 1rst down and ultimately the game.

The wildcard I'm liking more and more is Hillis. He had an injury plagued season, so he will be cheap even tho he is good enough to be a starter. He is almost the exact type of runner Jacobs is, except Hillis is more quick than he is fast whereas Jacobs is more fast than quick. I'd rather that role type of RB be quicker than faster as Hillis nor Jacobs is going to outrun a defense but its better to hit the hole quicker and with more power. Plus, Hillis is exceptional at pass catching, he led Arkansas two seasons with receptions and that was behind McFadden and F.Jones.
    And the whole head case issue with Hillis shouldn't be an issue as Jacobs was a head case. I think when your that physical a runner and looking to cause impact, your not going to have a Jeopardy winning mentality, your prob going to be a violent nutjob lol.

I'd rather Hillis truth be told.

Now for TE, just to not have this post be 4 pages, I'd rather M.Bennet before Carlson. If someone wants to know why I'll explain
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."