+ Reply to Thread

My post combine, pre free agency mock

Ok I will give it another shot. I wanted to get a post combine mock out before free agency before Tuesday. I struggled again with some of my predicitions, trying not to choose need over BPA. And as always, my rounds may be a little off, so feel free to critique!</P>

</P>

Rd 1---Fleener---I see him as filling a need but also being possibly the BPA on Reese's board at 32. Now I feel there could be someone that drops in the 1st rd. I came close to putting Mike Adams in as our 1st rounder.</P>

</P>

Rd 2---Kendall Reyes--Something about this kid intrigues me. Plus if Bernard is not resigned, we could use some depth behind Canty, Joseph and Austin(who is playing catch up). Honorable mention to Harrison Smith and Stephen Gilmore.</P>

</P>

Rd 3--- Isaiah Pead---Most likely Martin, Miller and Wilson will be gone by the time we draft in the 2nd. I had Turbin in my first mock in the 4th, maybe he is worth a 3rd rd pick? </P>

</P>

Rd 4---Jamell Fleming CB---Plays in a conference where they like to chuck the ball around. I think he has good size, decent speed/agility and plays the run pretty good. Honorable mention Keenan Robinson LB Texas.</P>

</P>

Rd 5--- Levy Ad**** OT---I pondered this spot might be too high for him. Maybe he is a 6th rd prospect? But he has played both tackle and guard spots at Oklahoma St. Maybe a sleeper here; competition for Beatty and/or Brewer? Honorable mention Greg Childs WR Arkansas</P>

</P>

Rd 6----Jack Crawford DE Penn St---Maybe a decent addition for depth for now. he can learn behind Tuck, JPP, Osi, Kiwi?</P>

</P>

Rd 7---LaVon Brazill WR Ohio---Another potential sleeper? Can return kicks as well. Might be a good slot guy.</P>
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Re: My post combine, pre free agency mock

[quote user="tonyt830"]

Ok I will give it another shot. I wanted to get a post combine mock out before free agency before Tuesday. I struggled again with some of my predicitions, trying not to choose need over BPA. And as always, my rounds may be a little off, so feel free to critique!</P>

</P>

Rd 1---Fleener---I see him as filling a need but also being possibly the BPA on Reese's board at 32. Now I feel there could be someone that drops in the 1st rd. I came close to putting Mike Adams in as our 1st rounder.</P>

</P>

Rd 2---Kendall Reyes--Something about this kid intrigues me. Plus if Bernard is not resigned, we could use some depth behind Canty, Joseph and Austin(who is playing catch up). Honorable mention to Harrison Smith and Stephen Gilmore.</P>

</P>

Rd 3--- Isaiah Pead---Most likely Martin, Miller and Wilson will be gone by the time we draft in the 2nd. I had Turbin in my first mock in the 4th, maybe he is worth a 3rd rd pick? </P>

</P>

Rd 4---Jamell Fleming CB---Plays in a conference where they like to chuck the ball around. I think he has good size, decent speed/agility and plays the run pretty good. Honorable mention Keenan Robinson LB Texas.</P>

</P>

Rd 5--- Levy Ad**** OT---I pondered this spot might be too high for him. Maybe he is a 6th rd prospect? But he has played both tackle and guard spots at Oklahoma St. Maybe a sleeper here; competition for Beatty and/or Brewer? Honorable mention Greg Childs WR Arkansas</P>

</P>

Rd 6----Jack Crawford DE Penn St---Maybe a decent addition for depth for now. he can learn behind Tuck, JPP, Osi, Kiwi?</P>

</P>

Rd 7---LaVon Brazill WR Ohio---Another potential sleeper? Can return kicks as well. Might be a good slot guy.</P>[/quote] That is a very nice mock indeed.. Ad**** is a guy i could see the GIants target as well, later on in the mid rds, assuming hes still there, as hes a guy who coming into the season was perdicted to possibly be a late 1st rder, and Reese always sees value when guys like that drop, due to injury and alittle inconsistent play .. Jack Crawford is another guy who looks the part of a NFL DE, and with solid coaching, could be a bargain in a later rd, and certainly worth a gamble, as is Brazill who i like , and was very productive on the field... Reyes is just really good, and if u can secure him at the end of RD 2, u gotta at least think about it... Fleener is a guy i think we all would be happy with...

thanks for the input nyc! I also like the Jarrett Boykin kid from Va Tech as a potential 5th to 6th rd pick.</P>

</P>

Every year, someone that is projected to go higher in the 1st rd will drop and vice versa. Some guys will get drafted higher than excpected. So who knows, I'm sure we will see someone drop and possibly fall into the Giants laps.</P>

</P>

After free agency is in full swing, I will probably put out another mock in late March or early April. Plus there are more pro days on the schedule.</P>
    -Vince Lombardi

1) Fleener - I like him a lot. [b]

2) Reyes - I like Reyes but he's a projected first round pick (and not really on the edge of the first round either). I'd be highly surprised if he's at the end of the second.

3) Pead - Another one I like a lot ... but you seem to have gone a round ahead again. Pead is a borderline 2nd round talent (meaning he'll probably be gone by when we pick at the end of the 3rd round).

4) Fleming - Projected to go by the end of the 3rd round. Character issues. Work ethic issues. Not particularly a standout in any one area. A bit smaller then we normally like our CBs. Not crazy about this pick.

5) I don't think you can reach in the 5th round and Ad**** is definitely a nice project OT. However he is more suited as an LT (mediocre run blocking) and we need depth at RT. Also there should be some higher rated guys still available. (unless you just like this guy better).

6) Crawford - Nice size. Otherwise I don't know much about him.

7) Brazill - Nice possible sleeper pick.

Overall I think a lot of this mock is unrealistic but for the most part I like the personel choices.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"]1) Fleener - I like him a lot. [b] 2) Reyes - I like Reyes but he's a projected first round pick (and not really on the edge of the first round either). I'd be highly surprised if he's at the end of the second. 3) Pead - Another one I like a lot ... but you seem to have gone a round ahead again. Pead is a borderline 2nd round talent (meaning he'll probably be gone by when we pick at the end of the 3rd round). 4) Fleming - Projected to go by the end of the 3rd round. Character issues. Work ethic issues. Not particularly a standout in any one area. A bit smaller then we normally like our CBs. Not crazy about this pick. 5) I don't think you can reach in the 5th round and Ad**** is definitely a nice project OT. However he is more suited as an LT (mediocre run blocking) and we need depth at RT. Also there should be some higher rated guys still available. (unless you just like this guy better). 6) Crawford - Nice size. Otherwise I don't know much about him. 7) Brazill - Nice possible sleeper pick. Overall I think a lot of this mock is unrealistic but for the most part I like the personel choices.[/quote]Thanks you krunch for your honest opinion!</P>

</P>

I just go by a gut feeling, no science behind my mocks. I'm just an amateur. When it comes to projecting rounds, so many sites differ.I tryto read up on these prospects and not lock onto one website's prospect grading etc.I like to listen to Mayock's break downs, as well as other posters on here that follow college ball a little more than me. </P>

</P>

It must be hard to be a real life GM--LOL!! One needs to focus on drafting value/BPA at a particular spot separate from drafting by need. If you get lucky enough to draft a player that is on your board as BPA and also fills a need, more power to you. My hats go off to the scouts and GMs.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>
    -Vince Lombardi

[quote user="tonyt830"]

[quote user="Kruunch"]1) Fleener - I like him a lot. [b] 2) Reyes - I like Reyes but he's a projected first round pick (and not really on the edge of the first round either). I'd be highly surprised if he's at the end of the second. 3) Pead - Another one I like a lot ... but you seem to have gone a round ahead again. Pead is a borderline 2nd round talent (meaning he'll probably be gone by when we pick at the end of the 3rd round). 4) Fleming - Projected to go by the end of the 3rd round. Character issues. Work ethic issues. Not particularly a standout in any one area. A bit smaller then we normally like our CBs. Not crazy about this pick. 5) I don't think you can reach in the 5th round and Ad**** is definitely a nice project OT. However he is more suited as an LT (mediocre run blocking) and we need depth at RT. Also there should be some higher rated guys still available. (unless you just like this guy better). 6) Crawford - Nice size. Otherwise I don't know much about him. 7) Brazill - Nice possible sleeper pick. Overall I think a lot of this mock is unrealistic but for the most part I like the personel choices.[/quote]Thanks you krunch for your honest opinion!</P>

*</P>

I just go by a gut feeling, no science behind my mocks.* I'm just an amateur.* When it comes to projecting rounds, so many sites differ.**I try*to read up on these prospects and not lock onto one website's prospect grading etc.**I like to listen to Mayock's break downs, as well as other posters on here that follow college ball a little more than me.* </P>

*</P>

It must be hard to be a real life GM--LOL!!* One needs to focus on drafting value/BPA at a particular spot separate from drafting by need.* If you get lucky enough to draft a player that is on your board as BPA and also fills a need, more power to you.* My hats go off to the scouts and GMs.</P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>[/quote]

Yeah I wouldn't want the job of grading all these guys from scratch nor having to wade through them and decide which are going to be perfect for YOUR team and which aren't and so on.

Since the personel departments in the NFL use the same basic college grading system as a base system of reference from which to start I don't feel like I need to try and re-evaluate the grade depth of the entire draft.

I just try to concentrate on those players I think the Giants would be interested in (based on looks and buzz words) and then go from there.

I'm certainly no expert (more like the opposite of).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)