+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Eli Manning top 5 plays of the season

I know Giants.com hasn't made a video yet but we speculate.

5. Manning to Nicks for the game winning TD vs. Arizona.

4. Manning to Cruz on the Tyree-like play vs Cowboys.

3. Manning to Pascoe for a TD to beat Patriots in the regular season.

2. Manning to Manningham for 38 yards in Superbowl. Dropped in perfectly.

1. Manning to Manningham for 17 Yards and a TD on 3rd and 15 in the NFC Championship game. I put this one number one because, in retrospect, it was one of the most clutch throws of all time. SF dropped a ton of guys into coverage and knew Eli was going for the endzone. Eli still fit it in.

Re: Eli Manning top 5 plays of the season

O snap for #3 i meant Ballard

[quote user="miken609"]I know Giants.com hasn't made a video yet but we speculate.

1. Manning to Manningham for 17 Yards and a TD on 3rd and 15 in the NFC Championship game. I put this one number one because, in retrospect, it was one of the most clutch throws of all time. SF dropped a ton of guys into coverage and knew Eli was going for the endzone. Eli still fit it in.[/quote]

Decent list but the Pass to Manningham in the SB has to go at 1. It will probably go down as the greatest throw in the history of the Super Bowl.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="burier"][quote user="miken609"]I know Giants.com hasn't made a video yet but we speculate.

1. Manning to Manningham for 17 Yards and a TD on 3rd and 15 in the NFC Championship game. I put this one number one because, in retrospect, it was one of the most clutch throws of all time. SF dropped a ton of guys into coverage and knew Eli was going for the endzone. Eli still fit it in.[/quote]

Decent list but the Pass to Manningham in the SB has to go at 1. It will probably go down as the greatest throw in the history of the Super Bowl.[/quote]

I think that's debatable only because it was on 1st down. The SF game throw was a throw that had to be made. If the Superbowl throw was misfired, its 2nd and ten and the Giants still probably win.

I agree with you in terms of pure play making, the Superbowl one goes 1st but firing a 4th quarter 3rd and 15 bullet into the end zone against the leagues best secondary that knew it was coming is absolutely remarkable.

[quote user="miken609"][quote user="burier"][quote user="miken609"]I know Giants.com hasn't made a video yet but we speculate.

Decent list but the Pass to Manningham in the SB has to go at 1. It will probably go down as the greatest throw in the history of the Super Bowl.[/quote]

I think that's debatable only because it was on 1st down. The SF game throw was a throw that had to be made. If the Superbowl throw was misfired, its 2nd and ten and the Giants still probably win.

I agree with you in terms of pure play making, the Superbowl one goes 1st but firing a 4th quarter 3rd and 15 bullet into the end zone against the leagues best secondary that knew it was coming is absolutely remarkable.[/quote]

if the NFC championship throw falls incomplete, the Giants probably lose that game. Meanwhile if the Superbowl throw falls incomplete, the Giants probably win anyhow.

Veteran

What about the hailmary to Nicks against GB?

[quote user="GMenNY21"]What about the hailmary to Nicks against GB?[/quote]

Not Really an Eli play, more of a Nicks. Any QB can just heave it.

It is really close I'll call Eli's touchdown to manningham in the NFC title game 1a and the big throw to manningham 1b. both significant in their own way and both absolute beautiful throws with a high rate of difficulty.

His best play was when he hit that guy in the chest with the football and knocked him out.

Eli Manning is C J Hunter in

"FOOTBALL COPS"!!!!
    I miss Red Hook!

[quote user="bklyn1028"]His best play was when he hit that guy in the chest with the football and knocked him out.

Eli Manning is C J Hunter in

"FOOTBALL COPS"!!!![/quote]
    ???