+ Reply to Thread

BELIEVE IN YOUR TEAM.

Looking back at last year and the number of threads being bumped now, some of our fans were extremely whiney. I mean i understand those being rational about it and i can't blame them. That season was not a good one...

But for those who simply gave up on this team or the "lets suck for better draft pick" fans or any of you who did not believe in this team, you need to remember this season as well as the 2007 season very well for the rest of your lives. Both seasons you gave up, asked for the coach to be fired etc and both years you were wrong.

Again i understand if you were being rational, saying we were struggling or it will be a tough year.

But.

Stop flipping out in the middle of the season. BELIEVE in your team.

Re: BELIEVE IN YOUR TEAM.

I never gave up my Gmen!

When I get down on the Gmen is when the team plays like they did in New Orleans. Not that I lose faith, but I get real p*^(ed off because they look like they weren't ready to play.

That being said, I wish the season started tomorrow.

[quote user="NYgiants141"]Looking back at last year and the number of threads being bumped now, some of our fans were extremely whiney. I mean i understand those being rational about it and i can't blame them. That season was not a good one...

But for those who simply gave up on this team or the "lets suck for better draft pick" fans or any of you who did not believe in this team, you need to remember this season as well as the 2007 season very well for the rest of your lives. Both seasons you gave up, asked for the coach to be fired etc and both years you were wrong.

Again i understand if you were being rational, saying we were struggling or it will be a tough year.

But.

Stop flipping out in the middle of the season. BELIEVE in your team.[/quote]

I normally do not really care how others root for their team because ultimately how they feel is what they think might be the best for the team. Ultimately everyone has their own opinions on what they think is best and how they feel at any current time given circumstances but no matter what they think how the organization is run they will root for the team on Sunday. Which is why they do post on the boards. If they did not really care then they just do something else with their lives or root for a different team. I personally think some of their feelings during the season are justifed because in all honestly no one saw this team at 7-7 winning the superbowl including myself but I went to games and watched games at home with the same excitement and nervousness that i would have felt no matter what my opinions on the team were. So my response to this is simply let people be if they feel that way thats fine but its always good to have discussion with other fans that we can relate to because ultimately we all want and got the thing we want which is a giants superbowl victory.

[quote user="NYgiants141"]Looking back at last year and the number of threads being bumped now, some of our fans were extremely whiney. I mean i understand those being rational about it and i can't blame them. That season was not a good one...

But.

Stop flipping out in the middle of the season. BELIEVE in your team.[/quote]

Good post. I agree with your points philosophically as a Giants fan, year-to year.

Having said that, I do admit to feeling a bit discouraged after 4 specific games this past year.

--The Seattle loss was very hard to take, should not have gone down to a slip by Cruz at the end of what was clearly the game-winning drive by Eli.

--The Saints game. The only game of 2011 that looked like 2009 dedux, it was almost identical to our 2009 loss vs the Saints. Unbelievable.

--The loss to the Eagles and Vince Young. The game was palatable--and winnable--until the final Eagles drive, where our defense simply got their butt whipped. At home.

--The second Redskins game, coming off the outstanding 14-point come-from-behind vs the Cowboys the week before. We all absolutely BELIEVED that was the turnaround game for our season, and could not believe Giants fell flat on their faces the very next week.

Of course, the following week we DID turn around the season, adn alls well that ends well.

But those were the only games all season that caused some small seed of doubt in MY mind about how we'd end the season.