+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Only $2.3 million under the cap

I thought it would be a lot lower considering the Jacobs cut and the Eli restructure, but jesus. We're in a really tough pickle, considering TT, and Nicks and Cruz wanting new contracts, along with rookie contracts...

Re: Only $2.3 million under the cap

I read on ESPN.com and NFL.com we're now 3 mil under the cap and now with the 1.6 mil added to every team except NO, Oakland, DC, and Dallas, we are at 4.6 under the cap with a couple more moves to get us further...we'll be able to re-sign all the FA's from our roster we want to and a couple FA's from the NFL pool and still be a mil or two under the cap when all is said and done.

and in 2013-14 we get a new TV deal that will give us a lot more room to our cap

Veteran

"According to Ralph Vacchiano: New York Giants are approximately $2.3 million under the cap WITH the new $1.6 million rewarded to the Giants from the Skins/Cowboys." - In Reese We Trust

And the TV cap won't come until 2014/15 season, not next season.

All-Pro

cha-ching !

and all you chicken littles said we were bankrupt ...

but all kiddin aside, this is Jerry's regular season ... time for him to do his thing

it's fun following all this offseason stuff, when you are the Champions !!

[quote user="Itlan"]"According to Ralph Vacchiano: New York Giants are approximately $2.3 million under the cap WITH the new $1.6 million rewarded to the Giants from the Skins/Cowboys." - In Reese We Trust

And the TV cap won't come until 2014/15 season, not next season.[/quote]

hmmm. even in a few articles RF has posted, the FA primer one and another couple, it says w'er 3 mil under the cap...

i dont know, sorry if my info is incorrect. but even if u go by the accepted version of what happened with eli restructuring and letting jacobs go

we were 7 mil over, eli saved us what was it 6 mil with the restructure? and then Jacobs 4 mil we saved, that'd put us at 3 mil???

eh whatever, reese will get er done

u got a link for where ur source said that?

If we are only 2.3 under how much where we over beofre these last 2 moves? It just does not seem to add up.

[quote user="Itlan"]I thought it would be a lot lower considering the Jacobs cut and the Eli restructure, but jesus. We're in a really tough pickle, considering TT, and Nicks and Cruz wanting new contracts, along with rookie contracts...[/quote]

TT is a free agent, so he has no contract

Nicks isn't asking for a new contract, but hes going to be a FA in a few years

don't forget about osi

and the real scary part is that we still only have about 75-80% of the amount of players we need to field a team
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Veteran

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Itlan"]I thought it would be a lot lower considering the Jacobs cut and the Eli restructure, but jesus. We're in a really tough pickle, considering TT, and Nicks and Cruz wanting new contracts, along with rookie contracts...[/quote]

don't forget about osi

and the real scary part is that we still only have about 75-80% of the amount of players we need to field a team
    [/quote]We need to resign TT.
    We need to resign Nicks.
    We need to resign Cruz.

We have $2.3 million this year, with backloaded contracts coming up next year (Canty, Rolle, Eli).

Do you not see what I'm getting at? The cap is completely destroyed at this point, and we're going to be in a worse situation next year than we are this year...

The chances of Rolle and Canty being cut this year have gone up.

[quote user="Itlan"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Itlan"]I thought it would be a lot lower considering the Jacobs cut and the Eli restructure, but jesus. We're in a really tough pickle, considering TT, and Nicks and Cruz wanting new contracts, along with rookie contracts...[/quote]

don't forget about osi

[/quote]We need to resign TT.
    We need to resign Nicks.
    We need to resign Cruz.

We have $2.3 million this year, with backloaded contracts coming up next year (Canty, Rolle, Eli).

Do you not see what I'm getting at? The cap is completely destroyed at this point, and we're going to be in a worse situation next year than we are this year...[/quote]

ur way off on ur reasoning about the whole resign thing, we wont have to do any of those at the same time.

ur figure about 2.3 mil is incorrect. i went and rechecked it, saw nothing of vach saying what u said. if u could post a link? bc i went back and checked to see if i read it wrong, and multiple sources have us at 3 mil under the cap WITHOUT the added 1.6.

perhaps this figure ur quoting is after we re-signed hixon, ballard, and whoever else we did so far...actually i'm sure thats what it is...

reese knows what he's doing. guarantee we re-sign nicks and cruz. TT isnt a big deal at all, he'd be our nickel db...

next year we could cut canty and rolle if we draft their replacements and they show the FO we can move on from them...the cap is not completely destroyed, we still have a couple of restructures and probably cuts, canty and rolle will not be one of them...this season