+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

At What Point In The Giants 2011 Superbowl Run Did You Believe?

I know as a fan of course you believe your team is going to win the Superbowl and as Giants Fans we all believe in the Giants from the start. But in all honesty what point of the Giants 2011 Superbowl run did you really believe the Giants could win it all or did you think they would win it all?
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Veteran

Re: At What Point In The Giants 2011 Superbowl Run Did You Believe?

Good question.. I'd say after they beat Atlanta in the wild card game , I was convinced they COULD win it all, & after the Green Bay game in the Divisional round I was convinced they WOULD win it all.

What a run it was !

After the hail mary at Green Bay I knew we would win.

[quote user="Antwuan"]I know as a fan of course you believe your team is going to win the Superbowl and as Giants Fans we all believe in the Giants from the start. But in all honesty what point of the Giants 2011 Superbowl run did you really believe the Giants could win it all or did you think they would win it all?[/quote]

the second half of the rams game...i even made threads about eli turning it on, guaranteeing victory over philly the following week, and never altered. even when we were in our 4 game losing streak, i had said if the d could play 1/2 of their potential and show up, with osi coming back healthy, we could win it all bc eli and the offense were more than capable.

i was told i was a homer, moron, delusional...and at times I guess it was warranted bc there wasn't much to base my opinion off of...I just knew the caliber QB eli is and figured if the rest of the team could just do their jobs, we'd make a serious run...i called we'd win by a few possessions over dallas the final week, win by a few possessions over atlanta, called we'd win by a few possessions over GB, I said the same about the SF and NE game but was wrong. My reasoning, the rest of the team particularly the defense, had shown up and it was clear we were the more physical team.

but I am a homer and say we can win it all every season, I just happened to be right in 2007 and 2011...although in 09 and 2010 I didn't believe we could win it all but felt we could make a run...

Veteran

[quote user="GMenNY21"]Good question.. I'd say after they beat Atlanta in the wild card game , I was convinced they COULD win it all, & after the Green Bay game in the Divisional round I was convinced they WOULD win it all.

What a run it was ![/quote]

I'd say the Atlanta game too. I feel like if you're going to be champions, you need to prove you can really stomp on a team like that at least once, and we hadn't really done it yet at that point.

A little bit when they beat the Cowboys the first time.

A little bit more when they beat the Jets in a must win.

When they finally won their first home playoff game in a decade by beating Atlanta soundly it was on.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="Antwuan"]I know as a fan of course you believe your team is going to win the Superbowl and as Giants Fans we all believe in the Giants from the start. But in all honesty what point of the Giants 2011 Superbowl run did you really believe the Giants could win it all or did you think they would win it all?[/quote]

Hail Mary to Nicks

[quote user="GMenNY21"]Good question.. I'd say after they beat Atlanta in the wild card game , I was convinced they COULD win it all, & after the Green Bay game in the Divisional round I was convinced they WOULD win it all.

What a run it was ![/quote]

This being at the atlanta game I felt the team the way they played that day that they could compete with any team in the league but seeing them put it together and whip greenbay the way they did I was convinced they would win.

I still kinda thought the Niners could beat you guys after you beat us but they played you alot tougher then we did. You still won though and I kind of thought you would beat the Pats but at the same time I thought maybe the second time around the Pats would win.

Honestly I would say when the clock said 0:00 in the green Bay game. Haha. I watched that game with my dad who is a packers fan. I swore the refs were somehow gonna give that game to gb. After that game and knowing that we wouldn't have to face the saints, I had all the confidence in the world. I had confidence that we would be gb (the team) I just didn't know how the refs would factor in.