+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Am I the only one that saw how much money the Skins and Cowboys lost??

Cowboys $10 mill and Skins $36! They can spread it but they were banking on all that space to build around RG3 in free agency and now this is turning bad for them

...Love it!!

Re: Am I the only one that saw how much money the Skins and Cowboys lost??

Ya and to make it even better we are gonna get an extra $1.6M in cap

I must have missed the story. What happened that changed the $$$?

[quote user="FresnoGiant"]I must have missed the story. What happened that changed the $$$?[/quote]

The skins and Cowboys front loaded contracts for 2010 the uncapped year

[quote user="FresnoGiant"]I must have missed the story. What happened that changed the $$$?[/quote]Cowboys and Redskins frontloaded alot of signingsin the 2010 non cap year and the NFL decided to punish them for that and I ****ing love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont get it. I'm no Cowboy fan but was there a rule that said you couldn't front load a contract. It was an uncapped year so it seems like a smart move?

I just dont understand what rule they did wrong.

[quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="FresnoGiant"]I must have missed the story. What happened that changed the $$$?[/quote]

The skins and Cowboys front loaded contracts for 2010 the uncapped year
    [/quote]Didn't the beagles do the same thing?
    No one remembers who came in second.

I hate the Skins and Cowboys but I really don't understand why it's considered cheating - kind of feels like penalizing the fat guy at an all you can eat buffet for eating 6 pounds of crab legs - not honorable but still within the guidelines.

Seems less like cheating and more like intelligent accounting to me, unless theres an aspect of the story I missed.

The NFL announced that there would be severe penalties if teams abused the situations and warned against it repeatedly. The Saints and Raiders(I believe it was the Raiders) were also in violation but not to as great an extent, since they were involved they do not receive any of the money that we do. It freaking rocks

[quote user="Strahan4gov"]I hate the Skins and Cowboys but I really don't understand why it's considered cheating - kind of feels like penalizing the fat guy at an all you can eat buffet for eating 6 pounds of crab legs - not honorable but still within the guidelines. Seems less like cheating and more like intelligent accounting to me, unless theres an aspect of the story I missed.[/quote]</P>

</P>

as i understand the situation here in dc, the nfl notified these teams several times after the cba was ratified that those front loadings of contracts in a"no cap" yearwere illegal.</P>

of course it was too late then. the skins front loaded Haynesworth with 21 mil and Deangelo Hall with 15 mil. </P>

they shouldve listened. im happy something negative happened to those morons!</P>