+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Officiating and overview!! My 2 cents, Good Read!!

I know this has probably been beaten to a pulp, but I feel the officiating in the game vs GB was the most atrocious I have seen in a long time!!

Nevermind the TD catch by Driver which he NEVER had control of the ball, and even Mike Francesa and the league itself admitted that was a bad call. The Ballard call I think they got right, althought I know all this commotion has been made of it.

But the absolute MOST EGREGIOUS call to me was the 3rd down play when they sacked Rodgers andd the refs called illegal use of the hands on the defense, automatic 1st down. It was absolutely RIDICULOUS!! Then also the Prince PI penalty where he didn't even touch him, another call which was just plain wrong!!

I also think that Tripplett is the WORST official in the league, remember the Thanksgiving coin toss?

I don't know if we still would have won the game, but I believe things would have been different. Especially that Driver TD in which he never had control, that was 3rd down and they would have been forced for a FG attempt.

Also, when the Giants had the ball on the final drive, 1st and goal, you GOTTA run the ball a couple times, you know you can't give Rodgers the ball back with a minute left and a TO. Poor clock management for sure.

Overall I know we have to look forward, and I think actually what TC and JR are doing is silly running around with this photograph, the game is over, worry about the Cowboys.

If we play like this the rest of the year, we make the playoffs, but which Giant team shows up next week. Just remember, in our SB year, that last game of the season we lost to NE by the EXACT same score, 38-35. Maybe its an omen!!

Anyway just my 2 cents, any thoughts??

Another thing I wanted to add, WHY THE HELL DIDN'T they blitz Rodgers more? I understand blitzing is taking a gamble, but if you don't blitz hes gonna sit there and pick you apart anyway, you mine as well blitz and if you get burned you get burned, but at least by blitzing you have a chance to create big plays, sacks, FFs, Ints.. Just don't understand it. If you don't blitz hes gonna score and pick you apart anyway, mine as well take your chances. I would have been blitzing 70% of the defense downs

Re: Officiating and overview!! My 2 cents, Good Read!!

And they were averaging over 5 yds per carry in the game, RUN MORE!! Uggh, so many thing about this game pissed me off

False advertising. And you can't win a gunfight with a knife.

I agree with you on Driver's so called TD. After replay- he never had total control of the ball. Nuff said on that awful call. I also think they should have run on first and goal and hopefully run more time off the clock but you don't know that the Packers would have called a time out ( I believe they had 2 remaining at the time) to save time for Rodgers. On the Packs last series, I agree with you. We should have blitzed them just like we did vs NE in the superbowl. Make him rush and alter his throws with hands up, My other beef- was WHY was Blackmon even in there vs Prince. I did not see any injury to Prince.

[quote user="BBlueSince82"]Also, when the Giants had the ball on the final drive, 1st and goal, you GOTTA run the ball a couple times, you know you can't give Rodgers the ball back with a minute left and a TO. Poor clock management for sure. [/quote]

I agreed with most of your points except this one. It is very difficult to score a TD in the NFL...and it gets tougher in the red-zone...and even tougher inside the 10. One thing that happens is the field shrinks.

You have to have the mindset that you are going to try to score on every play, and then you turn the game over to the defense. I know it is desirable to run the time off the clock, but if you do that then you leave yourself with less chances to actually score the needed TD...and I think everyone will agree that getting the TD has to be the absolute highest priority.

[quote user="nygfanmaybe"]

[quote user="BBlueSince82"]Also, when the Giants had the ball on the final drive, 1st and goal, you GOTTA run the ball a couple times, you know you can't give Rodgers the ball back with a minute left and a TO. Poor clock management for sure. [/quote]

I agreed with most of your points except this one. It is very difficult to score a TD in the NFL...and it gets tougher in the red-zone...and even tougher inside the 10. One thing that happens is the field shrinks.

You have to have the mindset that you are going to try to score on every play, and then you turn the game over to the defense. I know it is desirable to run the time off the clock, but if you do that then you leave yourself with less chances to actually score the needed TD...and I think everyone will agree that getting the TD has to be the absolute highest priority.

[/quote]

Agreed. And though it's been mentioned in other threads, the 58 seconds would have at least allowed for a last-ditch onside kick attempt if we missed the two-point conversion. Two-point conversions are NOT gimme plays. In fact I would have been a lot less nervous on that last drive if we were down 7 rather than 8.

P.S. Tebow rules.

Veteran

You are not allowed to declare your own post a "good read". Which it was not.

[quote user="Seducer"]You are not allowed to declare your own post a "good read".* Which it was not.[/quote]

+1

[quote user="Seducer"]You are not allowed to declare your own post a "good read". Which it was not.[/quote]

+1

What about the leverage no-call on the missed fieldgoal? I don't hear anyone complaining about that.

How about that poor roughing the passer call that went our way? Why no complaints about that?

We also got Defensive holding calls and all that **** too so I don't really know why everyone is whining so damn much.

If Ballard puts his other foot down then its a non-issue especially because on the replay it does NOT look like he was in despite what a still shot shows.

And If Prince doesn't get burned then the Driver TD is a non-issue.

Also there were atleast 3 faceguard PIs that could have been called on us and the Ref kept the flag in his pocket.

People who complain about refs stealing games need to check their pants
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.