+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Baas has restructured

Ralph Vacchiano ? @TheBlueScreen
    C David Baas has restructured his contract, dropping his 2012 salary from $3M to $900K. The remaining $2.1M is probably converted to a bonus

Ralph Vacchiano ? @TheBlueScreen
    If my math is right, the Baas restructuring clears another $1.5 million in cap room for the Giants. ... But that's a big "if". #NYG

Re: Baas has restructured

Nice!

[quote user="manning to shockey"]Ralph Vacchiano ? @TheBlueScreen C David Baas has restructured his contract, dropping his 2012 salary from $3M to $900K. The remaining $2.1M is probably converted to a bonus Ralph Vacchiano ? @TheBlueScreen If my math is right, the Baas restructuring clears another $1.5 million in cap room for the Giants. ... But that's a big "if". #NYG[/quote]

He is on thin ice anyway if he doesn't improve drastically this year.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Don't know much about salary caps and all that finance stuff, but isn't that a huge restructure?

Damn....

All-Pro

He knows he isnt worth his contract right now.

[quote user="TuckYou"]He knows he isnt worth his contract right now.[/quote]

Yep, and that he will be under the microscope.

I dont understand this Cap stuff at all. If they are x amount under how do they sign all draftees? How does anyone really clear cap room and have a decent team?

I would have restructured him out the door and started Boothe but whatevs.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="TuckYou"]He knows he isnt worth his contract right now.[/quote]

Eh, he is not giving up any money . . . just converting salary to a bonus that can be prorated over the contract term.

I think Baas deserves one more season to get it together. The OLine is the hardest unit to get in synch and we can't point to Baas and say he was THE problem on the OLine last season. I like B oothe too, but not as the starting center. I'd prefer him inside Will Beatty on the left side with Snee and Diehl on the right side.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80