Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GIANTS' JUSTIN TUCK NEARING FULL STRENGTH FOLLOWING SHOULDER SURGERY

GIANTS' JUSTIN TUCK NEARING FULL STRENGTH FOLLOWING SHOULDER SURGERY

"New York
    Giants defensive captain Justin
    Tuck
    spent the vast majority of the 2011-2012 battling injury. From a groin
    injury to a neck injury, and a shoulder injury to a toe injury, Tuck’s body
    seems like a revolving door for every dent and ding one could possibly think of.
    At the end of the day (royalties to Antrel Rolle), he powered through and came
    away with his second Lombardi Trophy.

New York Giants Justin
    Tuck
    reacts after the game against the Dallas Cowboys in week 17 of the NFL season at
    MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey on January 1, 2012. The Giants
    defeated the Cowboys 31-14 and win the NFC Eastern Division. UPI /John
    Angelillo

Alas, offseason surgery was still required and Tuck did go under the knife,
    having his shoulder "cleaned out" in mid-February.

"[Surgery] went great, my shoulder feels a lot better than it did during the
    season. Pretty much back to being full strength," Tuck said during a WFAN
    interview on Tuesday, adding that he was only about 60% during the
    season.

Tuck's injuries had become such a distraction at one point that he considered
    asking the team to place him on Injured Reserve (IR), but following a man-to-man
    talk with head coach Tom Coughlin, he said he got his priorities back in order
    and refocused himself mentally. And whatever he did, it worked. His play picked
    up considerably toward the end of the season, and he played exceptionally well
    in Super Bowl XLVI.

He fully expects to be 100% when the 2012-2013 season begins, and that will
    be a huge plus for the New York Football Giants."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: GIANTS' JUSTIN TUCK NEARING FULL STRENGTH FOLLOWING SHOULDER SURGERY

Thanks Roanoke. Great news!!

[quote user="swimeasy"]Thanks Roanoke. Great news!!
    [/quote]

The best thing that's going to happen this season is a REAL pre-season. Time to get all the ducks in a row....
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro

keep bringing the good news Oak

thanks !

Veteran

This is great news! Say what you want its not even like he played horrible last year, him back to 100% is going to be a nice boost.

JPP and a HEALTHY Tuck are going to be near impossible to stop.

I remember being so excited to see the defense last year and then we lost Prince, TT, Goff, Tuck was banged up, Austin was out etc.

I hope we can stay healthier this year. The defense will be in the top 5.

BLUE!
    Manning is king of the comebacks, having engineered 24 fourth-quarter comebacks and 28 game-winning drives, including two in the final minutes of Super Bowls XLVI and XLII. Moreover, his quarterback rating rises to 94.2 in "late-and-close" games. With numerous comebacks, eight postseason victories and a pair of Super Bowl MVPs under his belt, few have been better with the game on the line.

Yippie.

Now he won't take playes and games off!
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Veteran

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="swimeasy"]Thanks Roanoke. Great news!!
    [/quote]

The best thing that's going to happen this season is a REAL pre-season. Time to get all the ducks in a row....
    [/quote]

I'm not sure how, but the SuperBowl Champions (from New York, no less) are flying under the RADAR. This team is going to be SCARY in 2012.

Full offseason for Cruz, JJ12, and Barden, Full offseason for Baas and Beatty

...And best of all; full off season for J-Will, Herz, Jones, Marvin Austin, Prince, and JPP (who did everything he did without the benefit of a true Pro offseason).

not to mention getting TT24 back, and who knows who else.
    *Evil Smile*

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="swimeasy"]Thanks Roanoke. Great news!!
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I'm not sure how, but the SuperBowl Champions (from New York, no less) are flying under the RADAR. This team is going to be SCARY in 2012.

...And best of all; full off season for J-Will, Herz, Jones, Marvin Austin, Prince, and JPP (who did everything he did without the benefit of a true Pro offseason).

*Evil Smile*
    [/quote]

x2 on everything. This is going to be awesome. Our rookies are finally going to have a full offseason, tons of people coming back from IR. This is going to be interesting.

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="swimeasy"]Thanks Roanoke. Great news!!
    [/quote]

[/quote]

*Evil Smile*
    [/quote]

This may sound stupid, but I think they all believe we simply got lucky. Understand, no one thought we had a chance of taking the Division before game 1.