+ Reply to Thread

Mike Tolbert possibilities

Following the New York Giants' release of Brandon Jacobs, speculation began as to which free agent or draftable RBs the team would acquire to take his place. One of them was Mike Tolbert, who last played for the San Diego Chargers. During an appearance on Sirius NFL Radio on Monday, Tolbert seemed interested in joining Eli Manning's team.

While we wait to see just how much interest the Giants actually have
    in the RB, ESPN NFC East blogger Dan Graziano assesses the fit for
    Tolbert within the Giants' current backfield mix:

- Tim Kavanagh

Dan Graziano

Seems logical to me

"I say it's a great fit. Tolbert is a different kind of back than Ahmad Bradshaw
    is. He's used to being in a committee situation and apparently wouldn't
    mind being in one again. He's good enough to be an every-down guy if
    and when Bradshaw has to miss a game. Tolbert and Michael Bush,
    two starter-quality free agents who have been operating in running back
    committees, make the most sense as Jacobs replacements if the Giants
    can afford them. The question now for Tolbert is how much he expects to
    make. They're right up against the salary cap, which is why Jacobs is
    gone in the first place."

Re: Mike Tolbert possibilities

Imagine at 4pm, they announce the giants signed Tolbert, honestly I'd celebrate

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]Imagine at 4pm, they announce the giants signed Tolbert, honestly I'd celebrate[/quote]

Yeah that'd be a nice signing.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]Imagine at 4pm, they announce the giants signed Tolbert, honestly I'd celebrate[/quote]

I'd be so thrilled.

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]Imagine at 4pm, they announce the giants signed Tolbert, honestly I'd celebrate[/quote]I would be very happy as well...Bush, Tolbert or Hillis...any of those three and that will make my offseason...as long as we dont suffer an injuries prior to the season again...crossing fingers now!

If Tolbert signs for 3rd Down back money, which is really what he would be for us, then it's a good fit.

His style compliments ABs', he's a very good pass catcher out of the backfield and can line up outside and he's a good pass blocker.

But I personally don't see the money lining up unless he lingers on the market for a long time.

Bush and Hillis are both looking to be starters making big bucks, so I don't see us having any shot at either of them.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

It makes to much sence, thats why it won't happen.

[quote user="threenout"]

Following the New York Giants' release of Brandon Jacobs, speculation began as to which free agent or draftable RBs the team would acquire to take his place. One of them was Mike Tolbert, who last played for the San Diego Chargers. During an appearance on Sirius NFL Radio on Monday, Tolbert seemed interested in joining Eli Manning's team.

While we wait to see just how much interest the Giants actually have
    in the RB, ESPN NFC East blogger Dan Graziano assesses the fit for
    Tolbert within the Giants' current backfield mix:

- Tim Kavanagh

Dan Graziano

Seems logical to me

"I say it's a great fit. Tolbert is a different kind of back than Ahmad Bradshaw
    is. He's used to being in a committee situation and apparently wouldn't
    mind being in one again. He's good enough to be an every-down guy if
    and when Bradshaw has to miss a game. Tolbert and Michael Bush,
    two starter-quality free agents who have been operating in running back
    committees, make the most sense as Jacobs replacements if the Giants
    can afford them. The question now for Tolbert is how much he expects to
    make. They're right up against the salary cap, which is why Jacobs is
    gone in the first place."

[/quote]

i think bush is going to get a much bigger deal...

I think Cincy grabs him
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="threenout"]

While we wait to see just how much interest the Giants actually have in the RB, ESPN NFC East blogger Dan Graziano assesses the fit for Tolbert within the Giants' current backfield mix:

- Tim Kavanagh

Dan Graziano

Seems logical to me

"I say it's a great fit. Tolbert is a different kind of back than Ahmad Bradshaw is. He's used to being in a committee situation and apparently wouldn't mind being in one again. He's good enough to be an every-down guy if and when Bradshaw has to miss a game. Tolbert and Michael Bush, two starter-quality free agents who have been operating in running back committees, make the most sense as Jacobs replacements if the Giants can afford them. The question now for Tolbert is how much he expects to make. They're right up against the salary cap, which is why Jacobs is gone in the first place."

[/quote]

i think bush is going to get a much bigger deal...

I think Cincy grabs him
    [/quote]

He fits in well with Cincys' style, they like a bruising back and he's got more left int he tank than Benson.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

Veteran

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]It makes to much sence, thats why it won't happen.[/quote]

Lol, unfortunately that is the exact feeling that I get aboutthis possibility as well. Come on Reese exceed my expectations yet again and bring in Tolbert!

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35