+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-Pro

Giants are in playoffs

Their playoff games for all intents and purposes starts this weekend in Dallas. Everyone is making threads about playoff scenarios. No need. We are there. They need to come out each and everyone of these last 4 games like its a do or die playoff game. I mean theynreally can't afford to lose another game. Their margin for error has ended. So let's stop fooling ourselves and stop with all the worthless nonsense talking about how we can make the playoffs.

We made it last week when we lost our 4th game in a row
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: Giants are in playoffs

[quote user="miked1958"]Their playoff games for all intents and purposes starts this weekend in Dallas. Everyone is making threads about playoff scenarios. No need. We are there. They need to come out each and everyone of these last 4 games like its a do or die playoff game. I mean theynreally can't afford to lose another game. Their margin for error has ended. So let's stop fooling ourselves and stop with all the worthless nonsense talking about how we can make the playoffs.

We made it last week when we lost our 4th game in a row[/quote]

You know.......I love these people that come on this site and state things like this moron just did to try and convince people that all is well and the all the Giants have to do is show up and the other team will fold up and hand us the game. Don't mention that the other team has to beat us and stay ahead in order to win the division. That the team will be playing on their own turf. That one of their prime receivers and a pro bowl receiver at that will be back in the fold and in the past had a tendency to rip us apart with his catches. No, don't mentioned those things keep them under your hat. Just instill in the minds of all Giants fans this concept of how good we are regardless of the fact that we have lost at least four of the past six games because of poor defensive playing or poor execution on both sides of the ball.............yes sir we are going to make the playoffs ..............just keep thinking that and all goes well !!! It's that easy !!!
    Idiot !!!

[quote user="miked1958"]Their playoff games for all intents and purposes starts this weekend in Dallas. Everyone is making threads about playoff scenarios. No need. We are there. They need to come out each and everyone of these last 4 games like its a do or die playoff game. I mean theynreally can't afford to lose another game. Their margin for error has ended. So let's stop fooling ourselves and stop with all the worthless nonsense talking about how we can make the playoffs. We made it last week when we lost our 4th game in a row[/quote]The Giants can go 3-1 with 2 wins against the Cowboys thats enough to clinch the division

All-Pro

[quote user="BK07071"][quote user="miked1958"]Their playoff games for all intents and purposes starts this weekend in Dallas. Everyone is making threads about playoff scenarios. No need. We are there. They need to come out each and everyone of these last 4 games like its a do or die playoff game. I mean theynreally can't afford to lose another game. Their margin for error has ended. So let's stop fooling ourselves and stop with all the worthless nonsense talking about how we can make the playoffs. We made it last week when we lost our 4th game in a row[/quote]

You know.......I love these people that come on this site and state things like this moron just did to try and convince people that all is well and the all the Giants have to do is show up and the other team will fold up and hand us the game. Don't mention that the other team has to beat us and stay ahead in order to win the division. That the team will be playing on their own turf. That one of their prime receivers and a pro bowl receiver at that will be back in the fold and in the past had a tendency to rip us apart with his catches. No, don't mentioned those things keep them under your hat. Just instill in the minds of all Giants fans this concept of how good we are regardless of the fact that we have lost at least four of the past six games because of poor defensive playing or poor execution on both sides of the ball.............yes sir we are going to make the playoffs ..............just keep thinking that and all goes well !!! It's that easy !!!
    Idiot !!!
    [/quote]

You misread the post. and why all the hostility?... I for one have put up in other threads that we have failed in a BIG way our test so far of that hard part of the schedule. 1-4 is 1-4. No way to put a positive spin on that. call it what you want. Bad D. Eli making bad choices. No blocking. NO Running game/ whatever. Bottom line is we are in yet ANOTHER 2nd half Collapse!!!

My only point to this thread was this. THE FACT THAT EVERY TOM **** AND HARRY are making playoff Senario and possibility threads left and right. about if we beat this one or that one and this one or that one loses we can win the Div or get a WC. NONSENSE... THATS all I am saying. If the Giants and their coaching staff dont View the next game and the 3 after that as if they were actually playoff games already, then they may as well clean out their lockers non and forfeit that rest of the games. NO need to play them.

the fact the Miles Austin is back has no bearing on how the giants should approach the game. they just played a GB offense with 5 or 6 POTENT weapons for Rodgers to throw to, so Dez Whitten and Miles should not scare them anymore then the last group did.

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. And no... all they have to do is not just SHOWUP. they have to do alot more then that to scrape out a win based off of the way we have seen them lose the last 4.

So in closing. lets not jump all over everyone trying to put a little positive spin on a season that is sprialing out of control. And i am not even sure this thread is even that. Its not one of those RA RA RA, lets go out and get em type of threads all these fans are making that are totally blind to all the problems the giants have on both sides of the ball.

Its just a thread to let people know that this IS the playoffs starting this week for this team. LIKE IT OR NOT.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

All-Pro

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="miked1958"]Their playoff games for all intents and purposes starts this weekend in Dallas. Everyone is making threads about playoff scenarios. No need. We are there. They need to come out each and everyone of these last 4 games like its a do or die playoff game. I mean theynreally can't afford to lose another game. Their margin for error has ended. So let's stop fooling ourselves and stop with all the worthless nonsense talking about how we can make the playoffs. We made it last week when we lost our 4th game in a row[/quote]The Giants can go 3-1 with 2 wins against the Cowboys thats enough to clinch the division[/quote]

I realize that.. There is also a way where we win next 3 and cowboys lose to philly and we clinch prior to the last game with dallas.

But i wasnt putting all that type stuff in this thread. My only point here was that WE ALL.... Players, coaches, trainers and FANS should approach this week as PLAYOFF GAME NUMBER 1!!!

Thats it. Plain and simple. We dont win we are pretty much eliminated. 2games out (with a loss to dallas) with 3 left. They would pretty much have to lose out and us win out for us to make it. SO THIS IS IT GUYS. Weather we lay another HUGE egg and we are talking about draft picks starting next week, i dont know. But we dont need to keep making Playoff Threads

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Veteran

[quote user="BK07071"][quote user="miked1958"]Their playoff games for all intents and purposes starts this weekend in Dallas. Everyone is making threads about playoff scenarios. No need. We are there. They need to come out each and everyone of these last 4 games like its a do or die playoff game. I mean theynreally can't afford to lose another game. Their margin for error has ended. So let's stop fooling ourselves and stop with all the worthless nonsense talking about how we can make the playoffs.

You know.......I love these people that come on this site and state things like this moron just did to try and convince people that all is well and the all the Giants have to do is show up and the other team will fold up and hand us the game. Don't mention that the other team has to beat us and stay ahead in order to win the division. That the team will be playing on their own turf. That one of their prime receivers and a pro bowl receiver at that will be back in the fold and in the past had a tendency to rip us apart with his catches. No, don't mentioned those things keep them under your hat. Just instill in the minds of all Giants fans this concept of how good we are regardless of the fact that we have lost at least four of the past six games because of poor defensive playing or poor execution on both sides of the ball.............yes sir we are going* to make the playoffs ..............just keep thinking that and all goes well !!! It's that easy !!!
    Idiot !!!
    [/quote]

Ahhhhhh STFU

[quote user="Pakman"][quote user="BK07071"][quote user="miked1958"]Their playoff games for all intents and purposes starts this weekend in Dallas. Everyone is making threads about playoff scenarios. No need. We are there. They need to come out each and everyone of these last 4 games like its a do or die playoff game. I mean theynreally can't afford to lose another game. Their margin for error has ended. So let's stop fooling ourselves and stop with all the worthless nonsense talking about how we can make the playoffs.

Idiot !!!
    [/quote]

Ahhhhhh STFU[/quote]

+1

[quote user="BK07071"][quote user="miked1958"]Their playoff games for all intents and purposes starts this weekend in Dallas. Everyone is making threads about playoff scenarios. No need. We are there. They need to come out each and everyone of these last 4 games like its a do or die playoff game. I mean theynreally can't afford to lose another game. Their margin for error has ended. So let's stop fooling ourselves and stop with all the worthless nonsense talking about how we can make the playoffs. We made it last week when we lost our 4th game in a row[/quote]

Idiot !!!
    [/quote]

Maybe you should actually read someones post before ripping them a new one for it. You seriously came off looking like a major jerk here. All the OP was saying is that the Giants have to approach every game left on their schedule as if it's a playoff game and play with that type of intensity. That's all he said. It's not hard to understand.

[quote user="Dwinsballgames"]

Idiot !!!
    [/quote]

Maybe you should actually read someones post before ripping them a new one for it. You seriously came off looking like a major jerk here. All the OP was saying is that the Giants have to approach every game left on their schedule as if it's a playoff game and play with that type of intensity. That's all he said. It's not hard to understand.

[/quote]

+1

[quote user="miked1958"]... and why all the hostility?... [/quote]
    That's what losing does.