+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

I'm getting sick of the ignorance

Reese just won two superbowls and folks are still questioning his decisions. How many corners make over a 100 tackles in a season?

Reese knows what he is doing, just wait until the draft when your picks will be better than his.

Re: I'm getting sick of the ignorance

Don't worry. It is the same people that were moaning last off season.

Show class, be a Giants fan.

People are just worried about his contract and his health.

Obviously the doctors know if he's healthy or not, and they report to the organization

[quote user="Coach Carter"]Reese just won two superbowls and folks are still questioning his decisions. How many corners make over a 100 tackles in a season?

Reese knows what he is doing, just wait until the draft when your picks will be better than his.[/quote]

We will be fine, thats for sure

While I don't have an issue with TT's contract, especially if most of the guaranteed money comes from a second year option, it's ignorant to think that tackles is a good measure of how good a CB is. In fact, you don't want your CB to have that many tackles, as it's more a sign of him giving up a lot of completitions (which TT did) than him being so great in run support (which he is).

I trust Reese!

But you cant help but question the move, considering the circumstances.

That being said,

I trust reese!

All-Pro

read my mind

but this just shows the ignorance ... do they really think Jerry Reese would pay a guy25% more thanwhat any other team would pay him?

listen, this was clearly something they wanted to get done before FA and that may have prompted them to pay a slight premium, maybe a 10% premium, but they have an out ... if Terrell Thomas can't get thru next year healthy, then we don't excercise the option and he becomes a FA, but if he does make it thru and he returns to his 2010 form, then it is not that bad of a deal

the pattern with the Giants is pretty simple ... this is a young man's game and Terrell is still young and showed signs of being a very good CB

let's take a deep breath and get all the details ... god can you imagine our fans rooting for the Rams?? or any team where actual, truely bad moves are made regularly and championships are more like a dream

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]People are just worried about his contract and his health. Obviously the doctors know if he's healthy or not, and they report to the organization[/quote]

You guys have to understand that long term contracts protect the players in EVERY OTHER SPORTS EXCEPT FOOTBALL.

In football they protect the team. the $28MM means very little. I'm sure he will never see that entire amount. Even this reported $11M guarantee isn't really guaranteed. They can probably cut TT after 2012 or even 2013 without a big commitment.

Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]People are just worried about his contract and his health. Obviously the doctors know if he's healthy or not, and they report to the organization[/quote]

You guys have to understand that long term contracts protect the players in EVERY OTHER SPORTS EXCEPT FOOTBALL.

In football they protect the team. the $28MM means very little.* I'm sure he will never see that entire amount.* Even this reported $11M guarantee isn't really guaranteed.* They can probably cut TT after 2012 or even 2013 without a big commitment.

[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"][quote user="Morehead State"]

In football they protect the team. the $28MM means very little. I'm sure he will never see that entire amount. Even this reported $11M guarantee isn't really guaranteed. They can probably cut TT after 2012 or even 2013 without a big commitment.

[/quote] Thanks for clearing that up[/quote]

I'm here to help.

Get well soon 80.