+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Redskinsí trade with Rams elicits memories of Giantsí draft day deal for Eli Manning. OH NO!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...Ea3R_blog.html

This could be bad for NYG's & the rest of the NFC East. They're compairing this to the NYG's trade for Manning hmmmm... We all know how that turned out so far.

The Washington Redskinsí trade with the St. Louis Rams for the second overall choice in this yearís draft brings immediate comparisons to the 2004 draft-day deal in which the San Diego Chargers, after selecting quarterback Eli Manning first overall, traded him to the New York Giants.

Re: Redskinsí trade with Rams elicits memories of Giantsí draft day deal for Eli Manning. OH NO!!

Anything to write a story..... [|-)]
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Re: Redskinsí trade with Rams elicits memories of Giantsí draft day deal for Eli Manning. OH NO!!

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Anything to write a story..... [|-)]
    [/quote]

Haven't followed RG3 career but was he a 4 year starter like Eli? If he was he hadn't had much press during that time that I've heard of anyway but don't live in Texas anymore.

Lets see. Why dont we add up all the SB Rings that QBs like RG3 has won....

Okay here we go. QBs with decent arms and lots of running ability

Michael Vick = 0

Vince Young = 0

Travais Jackson =0

Warrnen Moon = 0

Tim Tebow = 0 so far

Cam Newton = 0 so far

Josh Freeman = 0

Older QBS, non Starters or out of league, retired

Steve McNair = 0

Randall Cunningham = 0

Daunte Culpepper = 0

JaMarcus Russel = 0

Donovan McNabb = 0

Fran Tarkenton = 0

Jeff Blake = 0

Kordell Stewart = 0

Who am I missing???? I am sure there is more. But i think you get the point. The Redskins Mortgaged their Future on the Type QB that NEVER wins a SB.

I guess Colt McCoy could be added to that list. Also coming out of the Draft guys like guys like Eric Crouch, Jason White, and Gino Torretta, running quarterbacks are notoriously poor NFL stock.

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

The Skins gave up more than we did.

I personally am pretty concerned about this. Yeah they paid alot but RG3 has serious potential. Fact is teams just dont win anymore without a great QB.

Skins know there current crop aint gonna cut it so they are going out to get a franchise QB.

As for people saying they paid too much... Who of us says that about Eli now?

New league people... Defense no longer wins Championships. Its a passing league now. Which means you need a stud QB

BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guess we can add Jason Campbell to that list. lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro

well we gave less to get the #1 QB in 2004 with a pedigree

they are only getting the 2nd best QB in the draft ... plus they just got zapped with a $36MM cap hit and they won't have a number one pick until2015?

so if RG3 comes good, then they probably paid a fair price, but if he ends up not winning a Super Bowl, like most "running" QBs have failed to do, then they overpaid

stay tuned

[quote user="miked1958"]

Lets see. Why dont we add up all the SB Rings that QBs like RG3 has won....

Okay here we go. QBs with decent arms and lots of running ability

Michael Vick = 0

Vince Young = 0

Travais Jackson =*0

Warrnen Moon = 0

Tim Tebow = 0 so far

Cam Newton = 0 so far

Josh Freeman = 0

Older QBS, non Starters or out of league, retired

Steve McNair = 0

Randall Cunningham = 0

Daunte Culpepper = 0

JaMarcus Russel = 0

Donovan McNabb = 0

Fran Tarkenton = 0

Jeff Blake = 0

Kordell Stewart = 0

Who am I missing???? I am sure there is more. But i think you get the point. The Redskins Mortgaged their Future on the Type QB that NEVER wins a SB.

I guess Colt McCoy could be added to that list. Also coming out of the Draft guys like guys like Eric Crouch, Jason White, and Gino Torretta, running quarterbacks are notoriously poor NFL stock.

[/quote]steve young & to a degree namath if you are honest
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

When I heard that the 'skins made the trade I thought it was a wise move because they need a franchise QB. When I heard how much they gave up, I thought it was too much.