+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

Giants win 38-35

This is the last time I will say something about the officiating of that game.

I am 100% positive that Ballard's knee was down and it should have been a TD. You can clearly see his knee pad slide up from the impact with the ground and there is about an inch or two of blue between his knee and the out of bounds line. Even Mike Pereira (ex VP of Officiating) said himself that he thought the knee was down.

This would have made the game 31-35 when Eli was driving down the field in the 2 minute drill. We score a TD, making it 38-35 and force the packers to score a TD for the win or tie the game and take it to overtime. Either way we get a chance to win that game plain and simple. Take away Eli's pick six and it's and easy victory.

Anyway, we can hang in there with the best team in the league so anything is possible. I'm looking forward to a January 14th rematch in Greenbay.

Veteran

Re: Giants win 38-35

[quote user="Spizi"]This is the last time I will say something about the officiating of that game. I am 100% positive that Ballard's knee was down and it should have been a TD. You can clearly see his knee pad slide up from the impact with the ground and there is about an inch or two of blue between his knee and the out of bounds line. Even Mike Pereira (ex VP of Officiating) said himself that he thought the knee was down. This would have made the game 31-35 when Eli was driving down the field in the 2 minute drill. We score a TD, making it 38-35 and force the packers to score a TD for the win or tie the game and take it to overtime. Either way we get a chance to win that game plain and simple. Take away Eli's pick six and it's and easy victory. Anyway, we can hang in there with the best team in the league so anything is possible. I'm looking forward to a January 14th rematch in Greenbay.[/quote]

Agreed. However on this:

"Take away Eli's pick six and it's and easy victory."

You do that then you have to take away Aaron Rodgers' INT that led to a quick Giants TD as well.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Also, do you doubt that the Packers would have been unable to score a touchdown on that last drive? Our defense showed no ability to stop them.

Veteran

[quote user="Blue since 2"]Also, do you doubt that the Packers would have been unable to score a touchdown on that last drive? Our defense showed no ability to stop them.
    [/quote]

It also is hard toknow if the game plays out exactly the same way if Ballard gets the TD.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="Blue since 2"]Also, do you doubt that the Packers would have been unable to score a touchdown on that last drive?* Our defense showed no ability to stop them.*
    [/quote]

It also is hard to*know if the game plays out exactly the same way if Ballard gets the TD.

[/quote]

actually you do know that it would NOT play out the exact same way making this whole thread an exercise in futility.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="Blue since 2"]Also, do you doubt that the Packers would have been unable to score a touchdown on that last drive?* Our defense showed no ability to stop them.*
    [/quote]

It also is hard to*know if the game plays out exactly the same way if Ballard gets the TD.

[/quote]

actually you do know that it would NOT play out the exact same way making this whole thread an exercise in futility.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

I wish people would quit whining about officials. They (the Packers) beat us.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

All-Pro

[quote user="Blue since 2"]Also, do you doubt that the Packers would have been unable to score a touchdown on that last drive? Our defense showed no ability to stop them.
    [/quote]

He wasnt questioning weather or not the Pack would have gota TD or not in their last drive. All he was saying is if the Ballard play was called correctly then the pack would have been forced to play for a tie to send it to OT and then we still would have had a chance to pull the game out. They moved it down easy and i am sure if they needed the td he would have taken shots at the endzone once they got close enough and not try to set up the Fg. but even still. We get the coin toss and we go down and get the winning points, i am sure of it

Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***