+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Beat Dallas twice plus win one more

and we win the Divsion - and the tie breaker ----- based on the high level of play against the Packers- Eli'sinterception to Matthews run back for TD was the difference

remember the high scoring tight loss against NE in 07 - then we won the next four and SB

Re: Beat Dallas twice plus win one more

1 It aint 2007. 2 don't look for lightning to strike twice aint gonna happen.

If we beat Dallas Sunday night I say we win the division as the 2nd one is at home the last week. We will beat Da skins, I think the Jets game will be a toss up and irrelevant as going into the last week the best we can be in my opinion is 1 game up on Dallas with that game being the deciding factor for the tiebreak as well for division record......

1st think is first, MUST win Sunday night or season is over!

Veteran

[quote user="harrycarson"]

If we beat Dallas Sunday night I say we win the division as the 2nd one is at home the last week. We will beat Da skins, I think the Jets game will be a toss up and irrelevant as going into the last week the best we can be in my opinion is 1 game up on Dallas with that game being the deciding factor for the tiebreak as well for division record......

1st think is first, MUST win Sunday night or season is over!

[/quote]

Must win Sunday is absolutely correct. There's a scenario that if the Giants win the next three and Dallasloses thegameagainst Philly before the New Year's Day rematch with the Giants, the Giants automatically clinch the NFC East and the New Year's Day game is rendered meaningless. This is because the common opponents records would be in the Giants favor and Dallas would not be able to win a tie-breaker.

Dallas must also face Tampa in Tampa which is not aneasy win.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran

Easier said than done

I can see us splitting with Dallas and beating the Skins and Jets.

For some reason, I don't see us beating Dallas twice, if we do... well then that means we go 4-0 out there.

If the Redskins beats us twice, we SUCK.
    And I want to say the Giants will beat the Jets because they aren't that good

why didn't the cowboys play the packers this year??

Veteran

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I can see us splitting with Dallas and beating the Skins and Jets.

For some reason, I don't see us beating Dallas twice, if we do... well then that means we go 4-0 out there.

If the Redskins beats us twice, we SUCK.
    And I want to say the Giants will beat the Jets because they aren't that good
    [/quote]

Well that's fine as long as the Giants oneloss comes in Week 17 after Dallas has lost to Philly and the Giants have beeaten the Jets and Skins. The Giantsstill win the division if that happens.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran

[quote user="bleedinblue27"]why didn't the cowboys play the packers this year??[/quote]

The same reason why Philly and Washington didn't. The NFC East played the NFC West this yearnot the NFC North. TheNFC Eastplayed the team in each of the NFC South and NFC North that finished in the same place last season as the NFC East team did.

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="bleedinblue27"]why didn't the cowboys play the packers this year??[/quote]

The same reason why Philly and Washington didn't. The NFC East played the NFC West this yearnot the NFC North. TheNFC Eastplayed the team in each of the NFC South and NFC North that finished in the same place last season as the NFC East team did.

[/quote]

Yeah, we got lucky because the two best teams in those divisions happened to finish in second last year lol