+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remember how much everyone LOVED Ross his rookie year?

I feel like a lot of people aren't sad to see him go. Ross had his share of bad performances, sure, but he always displayed incredible resilience and toughness.

In that game against Washington in 2007, he made the stop on 4th and goal cutting out the fullbacks legs. He constantly sacrificed his body (especially his shoulder) for the benefit of the team. Remember the playoff game against Dallas? He played nearly the whole game with a dislocated shoulder.

Ross wasn't always the best corner, but he played hard and was always a pleasure to have on this team. I for one, am going to miss him and wish him the best wherever he goes.

You have some shoes to fill Prince.

Bench Player

Re: Remember how much everyone LOVED Ross his rookie year?

We picked him just after Revis...should have traded up Reese....

Ross has been a bust.....QBs love him especially Romo and Miles Austin

well I think he is good, just not worth overpaying for.

[quote user="Jints Fly High"]I feel like a lot of people aren't sad to see him go. Ross had his share of bad performances, sure, but he always displayed incredible resilience and toughness. In that game against Washington in 2007, he made the stop on 4th and goal cutting out the fullbacks legs. He constantly sacrificed his body (especially his shoulder) for the benefit of the team. Remember the playoff game against Dallas? He played nearly the whole game with a dislocated shoulder. Ross wasn't always the best corner, but he played hard and was always a pleasure to have on this team. I for one, am going to miss him and wish him the best wherever he goes. You have some shoes to fill Prince.[/quote]Before this 2011 season, Ross was wearing out his welcome based on his performance and his "hamstring injury" that bothered him for nearly two seasons...when he finally came back he had a tough time winning his role back and never really excelled. He had alot of buffoonery on plays, missed tackles and the like.

Veteran

[quote user="giantman8493"]well I think he is good, just not worth overpaying for.[/quote]

+1

He's good, but I'm perfectly content with the ones under contract. With T2 back, Ross is surplus to requirements.

The problem with Ross is that he's either on his game or he's not. Way too streaky for my taste.

[quote user="Firenugget"]The problem with Ross is that he's either on his game or he's not. Way too streaky for my taste.
    [/quote]
    I agree
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

All-Pro

Ross is a good 3rd - 4th CB on your team... not exactly what you want with a 1st round pick. IMO, if prince and Thomas dont get hurt this past season, Ross barely sees the field as the 4th CB.

I don't remember Ross being "loved".

What I do remember is people crying out for him to play because Webster and McQuarters were awful and Madison was nothing more than a stop gap.