+ Reply to Thread

Thought on Free Agency for Giants so Far

What's Up Guys?

It has been a pretty few hours in the NFL so far. The Giants have been quiet, but brought back cornerback Terrell Thomas, who was on the path to stardom before tearing his ACL last preseason. The Giants will let Aaron Ross walk, and will go with Corey Webster, Thomas, Prince Amukamara, Bruce Johnson, Michael Coe and Justin Tryon as cornerback depth.

The team will also be visited by free agent tight end Martellus Bennett, who was with the Dallas Cowboys last offseason, and have made him their top free agent target. The Giants want to get a deal done quickly and it could be done tonight.

The team will also likely lose Mario Manningham and he is receiving interest from several teams including Vikings. !

Re: Thought on Free Agency for Giants so Far

So far I like this free agency, I almost had a heart attack when I first seen T2's contract but after reading the details, I don't mind it.

All-Pro

Its begining to feel a bit like 2011 Free Agency. We lose some guys, get some guys back , dont make any big splashes, a division rival fills their basket (Eagles 2011, Skins 2012), Dallas gets overrated, so on and so forth.

I love all the moves so far, like I said before we don't need big name players all we really have to do is sign majority of our own players back with just a few small money players and draft picks and we should be set. Also so far I'm loving the DB signings, we are stacked so far, and it looks good. I think all we need on D is a safety and MLB and on offense a OL, TE, and RB and all that will be filled pretty soon so we are pretty much SET. LET'S GOOOOOOOOO REESE.!!!

Happy so far, everything's gone how I wanted it to. Just need them to actually sign Bennett and bring Devin Thomas back now.
    Jacobs coming back would be a bonus.

[quote user="TuckYou"]Its begining to feel a bit like 2011 Free Agency. We lose some guys, get some guys back , dont make any big splashes, a division rival fills their basket (Eagles 2011, Skins 2012), Dallas gets overrated, so on and so forth.[/quote]
    That's one thing we can always count on -- the yearly overvaluing of the Cowboys and their talent.

All-Pro

bump. put any overnight news here.. so we can check it in the morning all in one place
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Bennett & a decent Oline pickup and ill be happy...

[quote user="myles2424"]Bennett & a decent Oline pickup and ill be happy...[/quote]

I would be happy with an OLine and LB. Bennett would be a nice addition without a doubt. Plus, I am hoping that Pascoe comes back too.

I think that the draft will bring in a RB, OL, DB and WR... but knowing the Giants, you know that they will draft their annual mandatory DL player.