+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Not Much To Complain About Here, But I Have One Request!

I cannot complain about management or the front office/personnel since we did just win the Super Bowl. But... It would be nice if this year was finally the year we drafted at a position of major need (LB/RB/TE/OL/DL/CB) and had the pick be ready to start at their respective position from Day 1. None of these picks we have to groom or a BPA at a posiiton we are stacked at where they have to wait there turn or wait to beat out the guy ahead.

No... I'm talking a stud, at a position of need, that starts Day 1. It would be nice if they didnt get hurt during Training Camp as well and start the season on the PUP. But, lwts cross that bridge when we get there! LOL

Re: Not Much To Complain About Here, But I Have One Request!

So, whoare the guys that could fit that bill at pick #32????

Yeah after 2 Super-Bowls in 4 years with young up coming talent it's nothing to complain about lolol. Just sign majority of our own players back with a few small money free agents and finished it up in the 2012 draft, that's about it not much to say we just won the Super-Bowl..#Giants Nation

That is for the FO to decide not me, lol, when I am named the GM, I'll be sure to let you know though, lol.

But, in all seriousness. I am not too sure, but I do not think the FO should be scared to trade up in drafts to get players they feel fit immediate needs.

I mean it is nice when you get down to the 3rd round, and find studs that no one thoguht was worth a 1st or 2nd, or when you find diamonds in the rough in the late rounds.

But, most of the time mid to late round picks either do ont make the team and just take up space at training camp or take years to groom into average at best, bench warmers.

I'll be the first to admit that JR has done well with finding talent in later rounds, but it would be nice to maybe shock us and get a player the FO feels would be an impact player from Day 1.

And that doesn't necessarily mean you trade up in the 1st sometimes guys slip to the 2nd that you thought would go Rd 1 and drop.

I say OT- Adam from Ohio State for that 32 pick we can plug him in at right tackle first day.

Veteran

[quote user="GiantsFan31"]but it would be nice to maybe shock us and get a player the FO feels would be an impact player from Day 1.[/quote]

You already forgotten about 1st round picks JPP? Hakeem Nicks?Oh and give Prince a full healthy offseason and watch him blossom.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran

[quote user="NewYorkSwagg"]I say OT- Adam from Ohio State for that 32 pick we can plug him in at right tackle first day.[/quote]

I'd love that but expecting him or any rookie Olinemen to step in day 1 and be lights out is overly optimistic.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

To be fair I did point out the giants success in the draft but lets be honest they have been better at finding dimaonds in the rough than sure All-Pro with their first pick.

Take a look at these recent first rounders:

Ross - 1 and done

Phillips - Inconsistent and injury prone

Prince - ? was not impressed by the little I saw

Kiwanuka - Good but not a 1st rd talent good

W. Joseph - Inconsistent

Shockey - Great talent wasted on his ego

W. Allen - Started off promissing but injury prone

Dayne - I try to forget this pick

Petitgout - The human penalty

Now also to be fair, Nicks was not an impact player from Day 1, we all knew he had the potential but it took him a couple of games to get a start and in his 3rd start he shined.

Also JPP was not an impact player from Day 1 of the season. It took him a couple of games to get a fair shot and he made the most of the little playing time he was given.

Prince worries me. We have never had luck with CB's in the first round. Atleast Ross was good his first season, Prince was injured I know, but god did he look lost at alot of crucial times last year, and I did not see the blazing spped or recovery all the scouts were talking about. And those things cannot be taught.

Veteran

You do know Reese wasn't the GM for the majority of the picks you're complaining about, right?

And if you're complaining about KP and Prince of all people, I really don't know what to tell you. KP is probably the best post-safety in the NFC, top 3 in the league. He had a career year this year, and will continue to flourish next year as he won't being playing cover 1 all damn game, hopefully.

Prince was a rookie who got injured during training camp and was given a shortened off-season to learn a rather complicated defense. Tell me, did he look lost when he was smothering Nelson while Rodgers was staring him down, waiting for Nelson to break free? I'll tell you what, he never did break free. Prince filled in beautifully during the playoffs, and will only get better.