+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good year to trade up a few places

Since we may have an extra compensatory pick or two, I think we should try to move up a few places in the first round to get whoever we really want.

A 3rd round pick would give us the ability to move up to 26 and swap with the Texans?

We'll probably going to go with a DE/DT or maybe even a WR.

Re: Good year to trade up a few places

I'd actually think about trading down a few spots. The 32 pick is like picking in the 2nd round anyway. May as well save a little money and pick up an extra pick as well.

I would be game for both up or down
    The Gigalo with the most below

All-Pro

Giants don't trade up or down a whole lot usually
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="JJC7301"]I'd actually think about trading down a few spots. The 32 pick is like picking in the 2nd round anyway. May as well save a little money and pick up an extra pick as well.[/quote]

+1

All-Pro

[quote user="JJC7301"]I'd actually think about trading down a few spots. The 32 pick is like picking in the 2nd round anyway. May as well save a little money and pick up an extra pick as well.[/quote]

Exactly, there's gonna be a team who has a high second round pick but afraid the player they want will be gone in the next few picks....

I have been thinking that we gonna trade out of the first, but still stay close maybe move down to 38-40 pick and still get the player we wanted and gain some more picks...

We don't have a need where we should do that. We would be better served trading down...possibly with someone already carrying 2 round 2 picks. That #32 overall pick becomes super-valuable to teams and even to the drafted player since that player will want 1st round money...even though his value is little better than any of the picked #2's.
    Trading up means we pay even more, for one guy.

Banned

[quote user="Warchild"]Since we may have an extra compensatory pick or two, I think we should try to move up a few places in the first round to get whoever we really want.

A 3rd round pick would give us the ability to move up to 26 and swap with the Texans?

We'll probably going to go with a DE/DT or maybe even a WR.[/quote]

Why? Trade up a few notches for who......the 26th player versus the 32nd.....that is stupid. The Giants are actually more likely to trade down than up.

[quote user="Warchild"]Since we may have an extra compensatory pick or two, I think we should try to move up a few places in the first round to get whoever we really want.

We'll probably going to go with a DE/DT or maybe even a WR.[/quote]

We're most likely getting a 5th and possibly a 7th as comp picks.

Why would I want to trade a 3rd to move up 6 places? For Mercilus Whitney?

Typically we don't trade up.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Why would we trade up to draft another WR? You really want your first round pick to be the #3 WR and that sit?