+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

If Reese Is So Smart, Why Are The Giants ALWAYS in Cap Trouble Come FA Time

We end up losing half our starters to FA and then we can't sign anyone to replace them! How is that smart?
    And.......Let me go on the record as saying letting Blackburn go AGAIN is just downright stupid, because the Giants have nobody who is ready to play the position as well as Blackburn has!

Re: If Reese Is So Smart, Why Are The Giants ALWAYS in Cap Trouble Come FA Time

[quote user="bigblue58"]We end up losing half our starters to FA and then we can't sign anyone to replace them! How is that smart?
    And.......Let me go on the record as saying letting Blackburn go AGAIN is just downright stupid, because the Giants have nobody who is ready to play the position as well as Blackburn has![/quote]

Now that you think of it that way "We end up losing half our starters to FA " that does sounds reckless or at least risky.

No chance of repeat next year then for sure.

Going on the record for Chase is nice.. I hope someone in Giants front office reads this message board & will reconsider & resign the kid. He's a Giant true blue. I'd hate to see him intercepting Eli & wearing a Eagles, Redskin or Cowboys jersey.

I hate losing star players as well. But I think the giants are one of the best at retaining there talent. That's why we are always on the cusp of going over the cap.

2 championships in 4 years and you're going to complain that we dont have enough money for free agents? Who is it you want us to sign? Half of our starters? Who did we lose last year? Steve smith, kevin boss, barry cofield...how did that turn out? This post makes me sad

Even without the cap trouble, the Giants aren't ever going to overpay for a guy that they feel they can replace. A backup RB, the 3rd WR...regardless of what they bring to the table, those are the respective roles of BJ and MM. As far as Blackburn goes, I would be surprised if he didn't return...but I think you are overrating him as a player. Don't get me wrong, I loved the things be did this year...but his speed keeps him from being anything more than a serviceable veteran...the Giants still need to keep their eyes and their options open. Again...I would Be shocked if they just straight up let him go.

Banned

[quote user="bigblue58"]We end up losing half our starters to FA and then we can't sign anyone to replace them! How is that smart?
    And.......Let me go on the record as saying letting Blackburn go AGAIN is just downright stupid, because the Giants have nobody who is ready to play the position as well as Blackburn has![/quote]
    Two Super Bowl Wins in ;ast 5 years...How many other GMs can say that? You are a moron.

[quote user="bigblue58"]We end up losing half our starters to FA and then we can't sign anyone to replace them! How is that smart? And.......Let me go on the record as saying letting Blackburn go AGAIN is just downright stupid, because the Giants have nobody who is ready to play the position as well as Blackburn has![/quote]

so tell me....which team that is NEVER in cap trouble has won 2 Superbowls in 4 years?

Players come and go EVERY year. Get over it.

Questioning Reese NOW is idiocy.

All-Pro

How did he lose half the starters? In the world of FA you did lose guys. Last year they lost Cofield and he was one of the worst run stopping DT's in the league. Who was he replaced with? Joseph, the guy Reese drafted and the guy who was the 5th best DT against the run.

They lose Ross and Manningham this year. Far from half the starters. Anyway, Reese, the guy who has help build 2 Super Bowl Championship teams drafts players to take those FA's places. Last year he drafted Prince and JJ.

You do realize that he also has 2 rings and if the Burress situation doesn't happen he might have 3.

2 Super Bowls in 4 years.

/thread
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

huh? last season we lost 3 players to FA.

we released a player or two and let a few go to FA to test their market.

and we're always at the cap bc we always field a competitve team. not one losing record in his 4 years as GM, and 2 SB wins...lol, that might explain it
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

" I'll also remind you that Reuben Randle is a greater threat than Jason Witten."