+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

NFL wants a Saints - Packers NFC Championship game

The Giants and 49ers will have to overcome the zebras to win next week.

Starter

Re: NFL wants a Saints - Packers NFC Championship game

[quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants and 49ers will have to overcome the zebras to win next week.[/quote]New York and San Francisco are the bigger markets.

[quote user="Bread"][quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants and 49ers will have to overcome the zebras to win next week.[/quote]New York and San Francisco are the bigger markets.[/quote]

May be but from the refereeing I saw in New Orleans yesterday and Giants stadium today I can only imagine what the Giants and 49ers will be in for next week.

no doubt. I wonder if we can sue the NFL for doing this. Suing for fixing a product that is "told" to be not be.
    This isnt supposed to be the WWE but NFL sure makes it that way.

Veteran

[quote user="Bread"][quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants and 49ers will have to overcome the zebras to win next week.[/quote]New York and San Francisco are the bigger markets.[/quote]

You know what's a bigger market than New York? The whole country, who wants to see the two best teams and QBs play each other in the championship.

Really .... really?

Television markets?? That's what it's all about? ...and the NFL would jeopardize their cash cow by 'cooking' the game? I've heard this crap at nearly every fan site I've been at. Say that the officiating is an inexact principle ... say that it's too subjective to human error .... say something non-committal that make you out to sound like you're awaiting part two of the partial lobotomy that you've obviously already received....Good gawd man, you sound like a Viking or Lion fan [:'(] My question to you, TroyArcher would be this: Are you old enough to remember what football was like before ESPN started broadcasting? I would bet not ....

Need I remind you that last year's Super Bowl was the most watched and had the highest rating of any television broadcast ever (all categories, not just sports...) .... little ol' Green Bay and middle of the top-20 Pittsburgh. Market size doesn't matter ... Packers fans are flippin' EVERYWHERE, brother.

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="Bread"][quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants and 49ers will have to overcome the zebras to win next week.[/quote]New York and San Francisco are the bigger markets.[/quote]

You know what's a bigger market than New York? The whole country, who wants to see the two best teams and QBs play each other in the championship.[/quote]
    NY makes more money for the NFL if they are constantly better then the whole league. Their is a reason why the Yankees are the most valued franchise in the world and the knicks are the #2 or somthing most valued franchise in the NBA even after a decade of crap. NY > Every other team in the USA.

Veteran

[quote user="weeds123"]Really .... really?

Television markets?? That's what it's all about? ...and the NFL would jeopardize their cash cow by 'cooking' the game? I've heard this crap at nearly every fan site I've been at. Say that the officiating is an inexact principle ... say that it's too subjective to human error .... say something non-committal that make you out to sound like you're awaiting part two of the partial lobotomy that you've obviously already received....Good gawd man, you sound like a Viking or Lion fan [:'(]* My question to you, TroyArcher would be this: Are you old enough to remember what football was like before ESPN started broadcasting? I would bet not ....

* Need I remind you that last year's Super Bowl was the most watched and had the highest rating of any television broadcast ever (all categories, not just sports...) .... little ol' Green Bay and middle of the top-20 Pittsburgh. Market size doesn't matter ... Packers fans are flippin' EVERYWHERE, brother.
    [/quote]

Remember the whole Tim Donaghy scandal in the NBA? During that whole fiasco it was alleged that there were certain "company men" refs who would try to throw the game to the team who was behind in a playoff series to extend it to 7 games. Never underestimate what greed can do.

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="weeds123"]Really .... really?

Television markets?? That's what it's all about? ...and the NFL would jeopardize their cash cow by 'cooking' the game? I've heard this crap at nearly every fan site I've been at. Say that the officiating is an inexact principle ... say that it's too subjective to human error .... say something non-committal that make you out to sound like you're awaiting part two of the partial lobotomy that you've obviously already received....Good gawd man, you sound like a Viking or Lion fan [:'(] My question to you, TroyArcher would be this: Are you old enough to remember what football was like before ESPN started broadcasting? I would bet not ....

Need I remind you that last year's Super Bowl was the most watched and had the highest rating of any television broadcast ever (all categories, not just sports...) .... little ol' Green Bay and middle of the top-20 Pittsburgh. Market size doesn't matter ... Packers fans are flippin' EVERYWHERE, brother.
    [/quote]

Remember the whole Tim Donaghy scandal in the NBA? During that whole fiasco it was alleged that there were certain "company men" refs who would try to throw the game to the team who was behind in a playoff series to extend it to 7 games. Never underestimate what greed can do.[/quote]

Me? underestimate greed?? Good gawd man, I'm a banker ... []

Starter

[quote user="NYfanatic"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="Bread"][quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants and 49ers will have to overcome the zebras to win next week.[/quote]New York and San Francisco are the bigger markets.[/quote]

You know what's a bigger market than New York? The whole country, who wants to see the two best teams and QBs play each other in the championship.[/quote]
    NY makes more money for the NFL if they are constantly better then the whole league. Their is a reason why the Yankees are the most valued franchise in the world and the knicks are the #2 or somthing most valued franchise in the NBA even after a decade of crap. NY > Every other team in the USA.
    [/quote]Unless LA gets a football team (Chargers)