+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Calvin Johnson extension- Bad for us?

Megatron gets record breaking $132 million extension- Doesn't sound good for our chances of signing Nicks and Cruz. You have to imagine we would be committing $175+ million to sign the duo.

Bench Player

Re: Calvin Johnson extension- Bad for us?

WOW its bad for us but you know he isnt getting all that money but WOW

Veteran

Ugghh

Yep, plus factor in that the season Nicks becomes a FA is the season where 2014 revenues kick in, so teams would be more than willing to pay more.

Cruz should be the first to resign though.

why would Nicks or Cruz ask for anything even close to what Megatron got?

"...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

I think the Pierre Garcon signing was worse for us personally because I don't think many people expected him to get the contract he did.

Megatron is one of the players thats possess a rare blend of size, speed, and height and actually harnesses his abilities to become the matchup nightmare he is today. He almost had a 1700 yard season and had 16 touchdowns and he's only 26.

Nicks and Cruz are good receivers but haven't reached the levels of what Megatron can do. Nicks mostly due to injuries and Cruz so far has just shown us one year of his work. They'll get paid but if they come in expecting Megatron/Fitzgerald numbers, Reese is going to scoff at that notion because quite frankly, neither of them deserve it yet.

Veteran

[quote user="GmenFan1980"]why would Nicks or Cruz ask for anything even close to what Megatron got?[/quote]

It depends on what you mean by "close". If Nicks asks for $100 mil and Cruz asks for $75, we're still in a world of hurt.

I would think Nicks and Cruz would ask for/get something closer to Vincent Jackson's deal.

We are going to have to give both more money but there is no way they will be in the class of Johnson money.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I think the Pierre Garcon signing was worse for us personally because I don't think many people expected him to get the contract he did. Megatron is one of the players thats possess a rare blend of size, speed, and height and actually harnesses his abilities to become the matchup nightmare he is today. He almost had a 1700 yard season and had 16 touchdowns and he's only 26. Nicks and Cruz are good receivers but haven't reached the levels of what Megatron can do. Nicks mostly due to injuries and Cruz so far has just shown us one year of his work. They'll get paid but if they come in expecting Megatron/Fitzgerald numbers, Reese is going to scoff at that notion because quite frankly, neither of them deserve it yet.[/quote]

^this!

Garcon is not a #1 receiver but did get a #1 salary from the foreskins!

i think Cruz would probably command Garcon numberswith Nicks in the area of V. Jackson numbers.

Cruz has to be consistent to get paid. if his play is spotty his chances of a big payday are low!