+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Nicks to be paid more than Calvin Johnson?

You know who's excited about Megatron's $132 million deal? Hakeem Nicks -- who could get MORE. His numbers are better than Calvin Johnson's through their first three seasons (in three fewer games, too). Johnson had 193 catches, 3,071 yards, 21 TDs through 3 years. Nicks has 202-3,034-24. ... Also, Nicks is signed through 2013, so he'll be a free agent just as the new TV money kicks in and the NFL salary cap goes through the roof. ... Jerry Reese and @peterjschaffer, start your engines. #NFL

****This was quote by Ralph V******

I doubt Reese would ever do that.

Re: Nicks to be paid more than Calvin Johnson?

Calvin didnt have a legitimate QB throwing to him his first three seasons....

Cant go completely off stats here.

I think Nicks is a very good WR but he is not Calvin Johnson.

****This was quote by Ralph V******

Um what?

Mike Wallace has even better numbers. Do you think Mike Wallace will get more than Johnson?
    Johnson just came off a 1681 yd, 16 TD season. He is the best WR in the NFL. While nicks was outproduce by cruz last year.

The Lions depend far more on Johnson than the Giants do on Nicks.

It's not about an argument of two players' skillsets, but rather what kind of market environment Nicks could potentially be in at 2014 which is a big FA year with caps ballooning.

He's obviously speaking in extremes as Nicks won't be paid in CJ or Fitz's range, but he does have a point in that this deal inflates positional value prematurely.

Nicks might be the greatest receiver who ever wore a Giants uniform and I hope he and Cruz retire as Giants but neither of them is Megatron. The guy is ridiculous.

Veteran

Big nicks fan . But , he's not in Calvin Johnson's league right now..
    He still will command more than what Vincent Jackson got.. Probably in between Jackson & Calvin Johnson area ... Like 95 million & Cruz won't get much less ... Add JPP & KP & we have to shed out some serious cash over the next 3 years

[quote user="krygny"]Nicks might be the greatest receiver who ever wore a Giants uniform and I hope he and Cruz retire as Giants but neither of them is Megatron. The guy is ridiculous.

[/quote]

+1