+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Will Gmen make a play for Forte?

Im not thinking about 2012 yet, but I wonder if the Bears dont give Forte his contract extension, he'll be a free agent, and may be available at a slight discount with his potentially season ending injury.

The Giants look like they will need a RB next year as Jacobs will probably be gone, and Bradshaw isnt durable enough for full time duty.

I would like a talented pass catching RB to give ELI yet another weapon.

Veteran

Re: Will Gmen make a play for Forte?

How about ray rice then? Probably a better fit.

Veteran

There's just too many unknown factors at this point. Coaching staff may be different, salary cap,current Giants they want to re-sign, health of Forte and other players, etc.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Chicago will franchise him.

[quote user="chbecker_99"]Im not thinking about 2012 yet, but I wonder if the Bears dont give Forte his contract extension, he'll be a free agent, and may be available at a slight discount with his potentially season ending injury.

The Giants look like they will need a RB next year as Jacobs will probably be gone, and Bradshaw isnt durable enough for full time duty.

I would like a talented pass catching RB to give ELI yet another weapon.[/quote]

no
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

1) Too early too call
    2) Most likely not because the Bears would franchise him

How about the Cowboys on Sunday?

I think the Bears will pay him. He'd fit like a glove but the JR fears big name free agents so very doubtful we land him.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="Gianthunter"]Chicago will franchise him.[/quote]

You know...even if he get's franchised, would you think he's worth 2 1's? I think behind McCoy, he's the 2nd best all around total yards from scrimmage back in the league.

So then I guess the question is, is he worth 2 1's?

No he's not worth 2 1's, IMO at least.