+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GB Highlights

GB Highlights

Well I'm giving it one more shot. These are unlisted so unless they specifically go to the the url it won't show up on any searches. Just an FYI: Don't have much of the second half. Cable cut out for a good portion of it

Blackburn INT

Ballard TD?

Beckham TD

Deep Post catch by Cruz

All-Pro

Re: GB Highlights

Thanks much. That Beckum TD is so nice, I just wonder why he can't be more of an option. Why is he not good? Is it route running? To me, he is such a mismatch for a defense.

Veteran

I believe that's the first time Beckum caught a pass on two feet.

I want to see him catch the ball in space more.

[quote user="Snappinnecks"]Well I'm giving it one more shot. These are unlisted so unless they specifically go to the the url it won't show up on any searches. Just an FYI: Don't have much of the second half. Cable cut out for a good portion of it

Blackburn INT

Ballard TD?

Beckham TD

Deep Post catch by Cruz[/quote]

Thanks...I still can't believe the Ballard TD. Even in that video if you pause it at the right moment....you can see his knee down and blue between his knee and the sideline.

[quote user="hadenough"][quote user="Snappinnecks"]Well I'm giving it one more shot. These are unlisted so unless they specifically go to the the url it won't show up on any searches. Just an FYI: Don't have much of the second half. Cable cut out for a good portion of it

Blackburn INT

Ballard TD?

Beckham TD

Thanks...I still can't believe the Ballard TD. Even in that video if you pause it at the right moment....you can see his knee down and blue between his knee and the sideline.[/quote]

That's triplette for you. I'm shocked this fool still has a job, he screws up so many calls. I still can't believe that TD and the illegal contact they called on J Will. Ridiculous! There were times in that game he should have been penalized, but wasn't. But of course in that crucial point in the game where Rodgers gets sacked on 3rd down they call it on him basically brushing him out of his zone...it happens every time any defense is in zone!!! Pathetic!!! I don't usual blame the refs and we've gotten away with some calls this year, but those were just terrible and at crucial points

All-Pro

[quote user="Vtgmenfan89"][quote user="hadenough"][quote user="Snappinnecks"]Well I'm giving it one more shot. These are unlisted so unless they specifically go to the the url it won't show up on any searches. Just an FYI: Don't have much of the second half. Cable cut out for a good portion of it Blackburn INT Ballard TD? Beckham TD Deep Post catch by Cruz[/quote] Thanks...I still can't believe the Ballard TD. Even in that video if you pause it at the right moment....you can see his knee down and blue between his knee and the sideline.[/quote] That's triplette for you. I'm shocked this fool still has a job, he screws up so many calls. I still can't believe that TD and the illegal contact they called on J Will. Ridiculous! There were times in that game he should have been penalized, but wasn't. But of course in that crucial point in the game where Rodgers gets sacked on 3rd down they call it on him basically brushing him out of his zone...it happens every time any defense is in zone!!! Pathetic!!! I don't usual blame the refs and we've gotten away with some calls this year, but those were just terrible and at crucial points[/quote]

The Ballard TD, and the Jennings TD were not Triplette. It is reviewed UPSTAIRS in the booth.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="Vtgmenfan89"][quote user="hadenough"][quote user="Snappinnecks"]Well I'm giving it one more shot. These are unlisted so unless they specifically go to the the url it won't show up on any searches. Just an FYI: Don't have much of the second half. Cable cut out for a good portion of it Blackburn INT Ballard TD? Beckham TD Deep Post catch by Cruz[/quote] Thanks...I still can't believe the Ballard TD. Even in that video if you pause it at the right moment....you can see his knee down and blue between his knee and the sideline.[/quote] That's triplette for you. I'm shocked this fool still has a job, he screws up so many calls. I still can't believe that TD and the illegal contact they called on J Will. Ridiculous! There were times in that game he should have been penalized, but wasn't. But of course in that crucial point in the game where Rodgers gets sacked on 3rd down they call it on him basically brushing him out of his zone...it happens every time any defense is in zone!!! Pathetic!!! I don't usual blame the refs and we've gotten away with some calls this year, but those were just terrible and at crucial points[/quote]

The Ballard TD, and the Jennings TD were not Triplette. It is reviewed UPSTAIRS in the booth.

[/quote]

Ballard's "non" TD was challenged by Coughlin. Doesn't that mean the ref on the field reviews the play "under the hood"?

In any event, what truly bothers me in situations like the Ballard and the Jennings TDs is not the original call on the field. Often, as in these 2 cases, the play is so close and so fast that it's easy to forgive a ref for getting it wrong--because they could be seen as going either way. And they are human, after all.

But isn't that reason the NFL now has coaches challenges and replay, to rectify those errors as much as possible?

What I find unforgivable is when (as in both these cases in my opinion) the people reviewing the play from multiple camera angles, and in slow motion, can see the error of the original call and STILL get it wrong.

Reviewing both plays, I suppose it COULD conceivably be said the Ballard catch was too close to the line to justify reversing the call. I don't agree with that conclusion, but I can honestly see the reason for it.

But with the Jennings TD, it was very clear that he never had control of the ball before having it knocked out by the time he stepped out of the end zone.

That was a hell of recovery play by Prince.

It's over, I know, so we move on. But this (terrible conclusions of replay reviews) happens ALL the time and it T's me off, even when it happens in non-Giants games.

[quote user="hadenough"][quote user="Snappinnecks"]Well I'm giving it one more shot. These are unlisted so unless they specifically go to the the url it won't show up on any searches. Just an FYI: Don't have much of the second half. Cable cut out for a good portion of it

Blackburn INT

Ballard TD?

Beckham TD

Thanks...I still can't believe the Ballard TD. Even in that video if you pause it at the right moment....you can see his knee down and blue between his knee and the sideline.[/quote]

I see it too what bunch of BS the officiating was their TD catch that Prince slapped out of Jennings' hands was not a TD and I have my doubts about the Donald Driver one.

I would like to see a clip of that Donald Driver TD Im not sure he got both feet down it looked like his left foot may have got in the way of his right