+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hypothetical Draft Question

If we didn't make any other moves after today and we're picking last in the first round and the following players were available, who you take and why ?

Stephen Hill - WR
    Donta Hightower - ILB
    Janoris Jenkins - CB
    Mike Adams - OT
    Cody Fleener - TE
    David Wilson - RB

Gotta say I'd lean towards Stephen Hill and a deep threat reciever to replace Manningham and keeping Cruz in the slot.

Re: Hypothetical Draft Question

Coby Fleener. He can stretch the seams, let Bennett work the underneath route while he comes off chipping a DL, and let Cruz and Nicks do the rest.

Fleener would give us so much flexibility in our formations. He can play tight to the line, and the slot, and Bennett is a huge factor as well. He will play close to the line, he can light up a DE and go out for a pass in the intermediate range. But that is not to say that Bennett can't do those same things. That is why we can dictate ANYTHING on offense.

I know you said make the decision without another FA, but what if you add SS12 into the equation as well? We'd literally be unstoppable because we would have an incredible blend of timing and talent, and if anyone doesn't over praise, it is me.

[quote user="gmen0820"]Coby Fleener. He can stretch the seams, let Bennett work the underneath route while he comes off chipping a DL, and let Cruz and Nicks do the rest.

Fleener would give us so much flexibility in our formations. He can play tight to the line, and the slot, and Bennett is a huge factor as well. He will play close to the line, he can light up a DE and go out for a pass in the intermediate range. But that is not to say that Bennett can't do those same things. That is why we can dictate ANYTHING on offense.

I know you said make the decision without another FA, but what if you add SS12 into the equation as well? We'd literally be unstoppable because we would have an incredible blend of timing and talent, and if anyone doesn't over praise, it is me.[/quote] I highly doubt after bennett we'd go TE in the 1st.....between a 1st round pick,Bennett,Ballard that would indicate one of them not being on the team in 2013......were all hoping that Bennett pans out,Ballard showed great potential & obviously a 1st round pick wouldn't be going anywhere......
    How about egnew in the 4th...

[quote user="gmen0820"]Coby Fleener. He can stretch the seams, let Bennett work the underneath route while he comes off chipping a DL, and let Cruz and Nicks do the rest.

I know you said make the decision without another FA, but what if you add SS12 into the equation as well? We'd literally be unstoppable because we would have an incredible blend of timing and talent, and if anyone doesn't over praise, it is me.[/quote]

we'd, in my mind, be clear favorites to repeat. i hope the next player we target is Smith so we can get this done with already. Great post.

I know you said make the decision without another FA, but what if you add SS12 into the equation as well? We'd literally be unstoppable because we would have an incredible blend of timing and talent, and if anyone doesn't over praise, it is me.[/quote]

we'd, in my mind, be clear favorites to repeat. i hope the next player we target is Smith so we can get this done with already. Great post.

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="gmen0820"]Coby Fleener. He can stretch the seams, let Bennett work the underneath route while he comes off chipping a DL, and let Cruz and Nicks do the rest.

I know you said make the decision without another FA, but what if you add SS12 into the equation as well? We'd literally be unstoppable because we would have an incredible blend of timing and talent, and if anyone doesn't over praise, it is me.[/quote] I highly doubt after bennett we'd go TE in the 1st.....between a 1st round pick,Bennett,Ballard that would indicate one of them not being on the team in 2013......were all hoping that Bennett pans out,Ballard showed great potential & obviously a 1st round pick wouldn't be going anywhere......
    How about egnew in the 4th...[/quote]

we spent a 3rd on Beckum and we carry Pascoe and Ballard. We carry 3 TE's, and like GMEN said, Fleener is quick and fast enough to obliterate LB's/Safeties out of the slot, and big enough to own nickel corners out of the slot.
    Keep in mind, we also signed Ballard for one year only as well if I'm not mistaken. If Fleener is the BPA, we'll draft him.

[quote user="JacksGiant76"]

Stephen Hill - WR
    Donta Hightower - ILB
    Janoris Jenkins - CB
    Mike Adams - OT
    Cody Fleener - TE
    David Wilson - RB[/quote]Out of that list, I'd have to go with Fleener.

Hill has the most upside out of all of these players but I think Fleener would do wonders in our system. He has to work on his blocking and add a little more size but his polished work and upside are hard to pass up. Basically, I think Fleener is the safer pick who also offers good upside.

Hightower is better for a 3-4 and while he could do good in our system as a hybrid DE/LB, we already have Kiwi for that.

Jenkins is way too much of a risk with his off the field issues and could cause drama potentially.

Mike Adams isn't bad per say but I do worry about his low bench press numbers at the combine and how raw he is. Plus I think there's better tackle value further in the draft.

David Wilson just isn't worth the 32 and the only RB I'd want to use it on would be Trent Richardson but he won't be available most likely.

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="gmen0820"]Coby Fleener. He can stretch the seams, let Bennett work the underneath route while he comes off chipping a DL, and let Cruz and Nicks do the rest.

How about egnew in the 4th...[/quote]

we spent a 3rd on Beckum and we carry Pascoe and Ballard. We carry 3 TE's, and like GMEN said, Fleener is quick and fast enough to obliterate LB's/Safeties out of the slot, and big enough to own nickel corners out of the slot.
    Keep in mind, we also signed Ballard for one year only as well if I'm not mistaken. If Fleener is the BPA, we'll draft him.[/quote] I bet even if fleener is available, we won't draft him....

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="gmen0820"]Coby Fleener. He can stretch the seams, let Bennett work the underneath route while he comes off chipping a DL, and let Cruz and Nicks do the rest.

How about egnew in the 4th...[/quote]I'm not positive we will go TE. I think Stephen Hill is a high prospect on Reese's board because we've shown the ability to coach WRs up, he has all the tangibles, and is a great run blocker for our perimeter game (which has been improved by the Bennett signing as well).

But Jenkins is a character concern, Wilson is a guy I'd like in the second -- and no earlier, Hightower is better suited for a 34 defense, and Mike Adams is not a favorite of mine.

Veteran

[quote user="JacksGiant76"]If we didn't make any other moves after today and we're picking last in the first round and the following players were available, who you take and why ?

Stephen Hill - WR
    Donta Hightower - ILB
    Janoris Jenkins - CB
    Mike Adams - OT
    Cody Fleener - TE
    David Wilson - RB

Gotta say I'd lean towards Stephen Hill and a deep threat reciever to replace Manningham and keeping Cruz in the slot.

[/quote]

All I can say is that from your list there's no way in hell we take Hill, Jenkins, or Hightower. This leaves Adams, Fleener, and Wilson. I don't see Adams because they like Brewer and seem to take later round linemen. The thing against Wilson is his ball security and once again we like to take RBs later in the draft. So basically I think they would take Fleener out of that list and so would I.