+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical Draft Question

Re: Hypothetical Draft Question

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="ShockeyShow"]Fleener for sure.

But hypothetically speaking, as someone said above, nothing would make me happier if Reese surprised everyone by trading up to get Trent Richardson. If not him, then Monte Ball out of Wisconsin. We'd be heavy favorites if either of those were in our backfield[/quote] I think Ball went back to school.....[/quote]

Well that rules him out lol....T-Rich...ALL IN!

Eli almost got hurt bad in the 49ers game because he was forced to pass on almost every down. I would select David Wilson,Va.Tech RB

Veteran

[quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="JacksGiant76"]If we didn't make any other moves after today and we're picking last in the first round and the following players were available, who you take and why ?

Stephen Hill - WR
    Donta Hightower - ILB
    Janoris Jenkins - CB
    Mike Adams - OT
    Cody Fleener - TE
    David Wilson - RB

Gotta say I'd lean towards Stephen Hill and a deep threat reciever to replace Manningham and keeping Cruz in the slot.

[/quote]

All I can say is that from your list there's no way in hell we take Hill, Jenkins, or Hightower. This leaves Adams, Fleener, and Wilson. I don't see Adams because they like Brewer and seem to take later round linemen. The thing against Wilson is his ball security and once again we like to take RBs later in the draft. So basically I think they would take Fleener out of that list and so would I.[/quote]why would that be, the giants met with hill at his pro day. Hill would be my choice outta those guys. He could stretch the field and open things up for the rest of the offense. He's a bigger faster more athletic better blocking version of manninham. I don't understand y there's no way in hell the giants would take him BC he'd pretty much be bpa and fills a need even if most of the people on this board don't think it is.[/quote]

because we're not going to take a WR in the 1st round who would only be our number 3 WR. We have 2 third round picks invested in Barden and Jernigan who both really haven't had their shots yet. Also Hill comes from GT where they do not run pro style routes so he would have a lot to learn. What team with two top 10 WRs would draft another WR in the first?? no one because no one else even has 2 top 10 WRs on their team.

Veteran

[quote user="G-FanFromDurham"]Eli almost got hurt bad in the 49ers game because he was forced to pass on almost every down. I would select David Wilson,Va.Tech RB[/quote]

The main problem there is that our oline could not run block for their lives. Even AP would have stuggled against the 9ers. I like David Wilson for a lot of reasons but any RB can run behind a great oline. The opposite is not usually true unless you're Barry Sanders.

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="JacksGiant76"]If we didn't make any other moves after today and we're picking last in the first round and the following players were available, who you take and why ?

Stephen Hill - WR
    Donta Hightower - ILB
    Janoris Jenkins - CB
    Mike Adams - OT
    Cody Fleener - TE
    David Wilson - RB

Gotta say I'd lean towards Stephen Hill and a deep threat reciever to replace Manningham and keeping Cruz in the slot.

[/quote]

All I can say is that from your list there's no way in hell we take Hill, Jenkins, or Hightower. This leaves Adams, Fleener, and Wilson. I don't see Adams because they like Brewer and seem to take later round linemen. The thing against Wilson is his ball security and once again we like to take RBs later in the draft. So basically I think they would take Fleener out of that list and so would I.[/quote]why would that be, the giants met with hill at his pro day. Hill would be my choice outta those guys. He could stretch the field and open things up for the rest of the offense. He's a bigger faster more athletic better blocking version of manninham. I don't understand y there's no way in hell the giants would take him BC he'd pretty much be bpa and fills a need even if most of the people on this board don't think it is.[/quote]

because we're not going to take a WR in the 1st round who would only be our number 3 WR. We have 2 third round picks invested in Barden and Jernigan who both really haven't had their shots yet. Also Hill comes from GT where they do not run pro style routes so he would have a lot to learn. What team with two top 10 WRs would draft another WR in the first?? no one because no one else even has 2 top 10 WRs on their team.[/quote] so Mr Smarty pants y did the giants meet with hill then u don't have to school me on the giants roster I know what they have. Your missing the point the giants know they need that z recievier to stretch the field for the other guys that's y they met with hill and randle. Jerrinigan is a nice player but I don't think hell be anything more then a returner and part time wr. He's too small to be the z. He would prolly be good in the slot but that's cruzs spot. Don't get me started on barden he can't get separation and is always injured. We need a z.

DONT'A HIGHTOWER! Yeah yeah, he's better suited for a 34... I want him anyway just to see how it would work. I want a physical presence in the middle and a guy that will bust his butt and be a leader on the team. I also like players that come from good coaching and championship pedigree. He'd be a monster at DE as well. GET THIS GUY! He's dominated every step of the way in his football career and I don't see why that would change in the pros.

I see no problems with Hill or Wilson either. Wilson is an incredible RB, I just don't like the idea of going first round on him.

Here is my take.....from what I have heard Fleener sounds great. However he sounds more like a recieving TE than a blocking TE, and we all know that Coughlin's philosophy for TE is, they are blockers first, then if their number is called on a pass play they are a reciever. If we draft a guy like Fleener, or pick up a FA like this........I feel they would be under used here, aka their talents would be wasted. That being the case, to err on the side of caution, I say we pick Adams OT.

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="JacksGiant76"]If we didn't make any other moves after today and we're picking last in the first round and the following players were available, who you take and why ?

Stephen Hill - WR
    Donta Hightower - ILB
    Janoris Jenkins - CB
    Mike Adams - OT
    Cody Fleener - TE
    David Wilson - RB

[/quote]

because we're not going to take a WR in the 1st round who would only be our number 3 WR. We have 2 third round picks invested in Barden and Jernigan who both really haven't had their shots yet. Also Hill comes from GT where they do not run pro style routes so he would have a lot to learn. What team with two top 10 WRs would draft another WR in the first?? no one because no one else even has 2 top 10 WRs on their team.[/quote]by your logic the giants never should have drafted jpp either BC we already had two probowl defensive ends. See how silly that sounds. Pass rushers corners and pass catchers u can never have enough talented players at those positions.

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Here is my take.....from what I have heard Fleener sounds great. However he sounds more like a recieving TE than a blocking TE, and we all know that Coughlin's philosophy for TE is, they are blockers first, then if their number is called on a pass play they are a reciever. If we draft a guy like Fleener, or pick up a FA like this........I feel they would be under used here, aka their talents would be wasted. That being the case, to err on the side of caution, I say we pick Adams OT.[/quote]mike Adams will be a steeler. They supposedly love him.

All-Pro

Out of the list, I want Stephen Hill.

We have two bigtime WRs already on our team and there is no guarantee we'll be able to keepboth of them longterm. We need a top flight guy to step in when the time comes.

That said. I'm thinking a DT might slip to us that we have rated highly.

+ Reply to Thread