+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Kase-1 Post Combine Mock

Continued:

after the first three picks id be happier with some skill positions. maybe WR/RB/TE would me my pick there, M.McNutt(WR) would be a good pick up in our 4th spot. He is not ganna blow anyones doors off like JJ. but hes got a good frame big hands and runs solid routes. we have great play makers and Nicks is a pure #1 reciever. I see McNutt as a possible Toomer type clutch possesion guy

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

I didn't like how weak Adams was in the bench press at the combine. To me, that suggests a lack of committment in the weight room, which is a red flag. He might have to be in an NFL strength program for a year before he is ready to play. So I wouldn't be crazy about picking Adams in the first.</p>

I hate Burfict . . . in any round. </p>[/quote]

x2 not thrilled about the amount of reps he did in the combine.

So many people are throwing in Vontaze Burfict in the later rounds as a draft stock dropper, and sleeper steal due to his "ra and freakishly athletic talents" but man, the dude is a piece of ****. He is undisciplined, unmotivated, and in the biggest "job interview" period of his life he is giving bad interviews, showing up out of shape, and performing poorly. Some guys dispel red flags.

Burfict the dirtbag and front page bad news headline waiting to happen just ordered some red flags of all sizes from Etsy to wave around, stick in his hair, tape on his helmet, put on his car, etc/ JR in his infinite wisdom wouldn't let Burfict wipe his *** with his bare hand if it garnered world piece.

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="GiantPride27"]

4th- Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincy
    Good pick but idk if taking 2 DLinemen int he fist 4 rounds is wise. we have other areas that can be improved. Ive seen alot of mocks with DT as a need. i dont see that. Canty and Joseph are solid starters and Austin will be coming in and has major upside. plus DT in our system only play 2 downs. 3rd downs look like JPP-Tuck-Kiwi-Osi (scary) [/quote]
    I wasnt really too sure where to go in the 4th, but at DT we only have Canty, Joseph (who I both really like) and Austin who hasnt played a down in 2yrs.* I looked at Wolfe a little bit and ya cant help but love his 21.5 TFL's last season
    [/quote]

The problem in my mind is that you prioritized the wrong position on the Dline (I think we go DT well before DE this draft). Additionally neither of your Dline picks really fit our defense well. Vinny Curry is "ok" but doesn't fit our mold of bursty pass rushers we like at the DE position (we're one of the few NFL teams that have boasted a double digit sacking left DE over the past two decades).

Wolfe is kind of a tweener ... if you're going for a DT I'd rather see a more solid pick (Wolfe looks like a 3-4 DE opposite the passing rushing OLB to me).

If you're really high on Mike Adams in the first (and I don't fault your pick here at all) then maybe look at converting a monster like Alameda Taamu from NT to a proper DT.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="GiantPride27"]

Good pick but idk if taking 2 DLinemen int he fist 4 rounds is wise. we have other areas that can be improved. Ive seen alot of mocks with DT as a need. i dont see that. Canty and Joseph are solid starters and Austin will be coming in and has major upside. plus DT in our system only play 2 downs. 3rd downs look like JPP-Tuck-Kiwi-Osi (scary) [/quote]
    I wasnt really too sure where to go in the 4th, but at DT we only have Canty, Joseph (who I both really like) and Austin who hasnt played a down in 2yrs. I looked at Wolfe a little bit and ya cant help but love his 21.5 TFL's last season
    [/quote]

The problem in my mind is that you prioritized the wrong position on the Dline (I think we go DT well before DE this draft). Additionally neither of your Dline picks really fit our defense well. Vinny Curry is "ok" but doesn't fit our mold of bursty pass rushers we like at the DE position (we're one of the few NFL teams that have boasted a double digit sacking left DE over the past two decades).

Wolfe is kind of a tweener ... if you're going for a DT I'd rather see a more solid pick (Wolfe looks like a 3-4 DE opposite the passing rushing OLB to me).

If you're really high on Mike Adams in the first (and I don't fault your pick here at all) then maybe look at converting a monster like Alameda Taamu from NT to a proper DT.[/quote]Im gonna redo my mock, the more I think about Kelechi, the more I like him as the RT of our future.

Vinny Curry or Whitney Marcellus would be a great fit in our scheme both are pass rushing animals

Wolfe seems like a really nice pick for us, it would be great for him to bulk up a bit but he could def be a good fit in our scheme, he was a ridiculous season last year in a 4-3
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="GiantPride27"]

I wasnt really too sure where to go in the 4th, but at DT we only have Canty, Joseph (who I both really like) and Austin who hasnt played a down in 2yrs.* I looked at Wolfe a little bit and ya cant help but love his 21.5 TFL's last season
    [/quote]

If you're really high on Mike Adams in the first (and I don't fault your pick here at all) then maybe look at converting a monster like Alameda Taamu from NT to a proper DT.[/quote]Im gonna redo my mock, the more I think about Kelechi, the more I like him as the RT of our future.

Vinny Curry or Whitney Marcellus would be a great fit in our scheme both are pass rushing animals

Wolfe seems like a really nice pick for us, it would be great for him to bulk up a bit but he could def be a good fit in our scheme, he was a ridiculous season last year in a 4-3
    [/quote]

Sorry I think I'm starting to confuse my DEs (was thinking of Chandler Jones).

Curry/Mercilus would both fit us well. However Mercilus is gone well before we pick in the first and Curry is probably gone by the end of the second (making him a reach with the 1st pick ... although we may if that's a priority).

Wolfe I don't think translates to the next level (at least not right away) just because he won't be a sure fit anywhere (too small as a DT, too slow as a passing rushing DE). I could certainly be wrong here ... but if we're going with projects, I'd rather get value and go with Akiem Hicks (6'6 320lbs.) who has all the physical measurables you could want in a DT (and a great potential replacement for Canty).

Just my opinion ... I'm as full of **** as anyone
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="GiantPride27"]

I wasnt really too sure where to go in the 4th, but at DT we only have Canty, Joseph (who I both really like) and Austin who hasnt played a down in 2yrs. I looked at Wolfe a little bit and ya cant help but love his 21.5 TFL's last season
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Curry/Mercilus would both fit us well. However Mercilus is gone well before we pick in the first and Curry is probably gone by the end of the second (making him a reach with the 1st pick ... although we may if that's a priority).

Wolfe I don't think translates to the next level (at least not right away) just because he won't be a sure fit anywhere (too small as a DT, too slow as a passing rushing DE). I could certainly be wrong here ... but if we're going with projects, I'd rather get value and go with Akiem Hicks (6'6 320lbs.) who has all the physical measurables you could want in a DT (and a great potential replacement for Canty).

Just my opinion ... I'm as full of **** as anyone [/quote]LMAO we've had some good back n forths today

Akiem Hicks doesnt do it for me, he played 2 years of JUCO and 2 years in Canada, big f'n whoop, LOL. I didnt even know Canadian Colleges had football teams

Hes got great size but so do a bunch of guys in the WWF, LOL. Is The Big Show still around?? LMAO

Wolfe would be a nice addition if he could bulk up he'd be great for us, look at his nasty season last year 21.5TFLs!!!
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="GiantPride27"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just my opinion ... I'm as full of **** as anyone [/quote]LMAO we've had some good back n forths today

Akiem Hicks doesnt do it for me, he played 2 years of JUCO and 2 years in Canada, big f'n whoop, LOL.* I didnt even know Canadian Colleges had football teams

Hes got great size but so do a bunch of guys in the WWF, LOL.* Is The Big Show still around?? LMAO

Wolfe would be a nice addition if he could bulk up he'd be great for us, look at his nasty season last year 21.5TFLs!!!
    [/quote]

Indeed we have!

And JPP played in JUCO before one stellar year at that juggernaut of the Big East ... USF! (lol). While Akiem Hicks might never translate, if he did he'd be an absolutely monster (and we're talking about the DT position ... not exactly a position that requires a ton of knowledge/instincts).

Wolfe: Meh ... possibly but most of those were bottled up plays which is more of a credit to the rest of his team (and level of competition I might add) then himself. I could be wrong and he could very well excel at the pro level ... he just doesn't excite me exactly.