+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Am I the only one wanting Steve Smith back?

This would be a great signing. We have room to fit him on roster for sure.

Re: Am I the only one wanting Steve Smith back?

[quote user="mattajw"]This would be a great signing. We have room to fit him on roster for sure.
    [/quote]

he burned his bridge. or as some say. he made his bed now he has to sleep in it. We did offer Plax a contract after poss costing us a SB trip in 08. SO its not out of the question.

However they are bringing in Olgetree from Dallas today. I guess that right there says they have no interest in bring SS12 back.

Shockey also wants to return but i think he burned his bridge with Reese as well.

Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Needless to say, Steve Smith made a huge mistake going to philly last year.

No your not the only one. I want him back, I think he would be a great #3 receiver for us.

just like SS...Tiki and Shockey wanted to come back as well. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

you're not the only one but you're misguided all the same.

Steve Smith is a slot reciever.

If Rio's gone we need a deep threat to replace him.

Part of this is due to a misconception that Cruz is a deep threat but as I type I'm struggling to recall a play where he caught a ball over his shoulder on the deep sideline.

What we really want is a big target with top end speed to complete our trio,
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

alot of fans have decided that Smith burned his bridge. We'll see if that's true or not this offseason.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

What i do know is we don't have a possession WR, and we were fortunate that didn't hamper us last year.

i love what Cruz and Nicks bring to the table, but very sure hands is not something either of them have.

lost in the great stats and catches last year was alot, ALOT, of dropped passes.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

alot of fans have decided that Smith burned his bridge.* We'll see if that's true or not this offseason.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

What i do know is we don't have a possession WR, and we were fortunate that didn't hamper us last year.

i love what Cruz and Nicks bring to the table, but very sure hands is not something either of them have.

lost in the great stats and catches last year was alot, ALOT, of dropped passes.

[/quote]

Lets not sell Cruz short. Hasn't shown the surest hands in the world but high end YAC recievers never do.

That said if you look at the conference championship game Cruz was the definition of a possession reciever. Got open time and again and made key short to intermediate receptions.

I'd think he'd improve in that area next season.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="burier"]you're not the only one but you're misguided all the same.

Steve Smith is a slot reciever.

If Rio's gone we need a deep threat to replace him.

Part of this is due to a misconception that Cruz is a deep threat but as I type I'm struggling to recall a play where he caught a ball over his shoulder on the deep sideline.

What we really want is a big target with top end speed to complete our trio,[/quote]

LMFAO HE DID THAT REPEATEDLY. In the SF NFC Champ. Game he caught a ball over his shoudler down the sidelines, as he did vs the Jets, vs the Seahawks TWICE, vs the Cowboys...he caught prob more deep sideline passes than MM lol.

and OP, your not the only one. The Giants Owners, Jerry Reese, Steve Smith all want Smith to be a Giant again.

Adam Shefter reported he'd be a Giant this offseason. Steve Smiths agent said Smith would be a Giant this offseason.

If he's healthy, he's going to be here. The people guaranteeing he wont be back are as ridiculous as the claim that Cruz didn't catch a pass over his shoulder down the sideline, lmfao.

edit- you do realize burier the Cruz effectively replaced MM on that slot wheel route right? the route he scored his first TD vs Philly this season...thats a main staple of our offense and we ran that too many times to remember each occurrence

Veteran

[quote user="mattajw"]This would be a great signing. We have room to fit him on roster for sure.
    [/quote]

You're one of the few. I could handle it if he had simply left. But he left and basically lied about it. If I remember right it was that the Giants never offered anything. Only then they did offer something but Smith didn't feel like he had a responsibility to get back with them. So yeah, let him rot in Philly.