+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

the fact that we arent resigning tolly does that mean

justin tattou has a chance of playing de this year?
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Re: the fact that we arent resigning tolly does that mean

Could also mean they are eying a DE in the draft and/or re-upping Osi.

They are freeing up a spot and if they lose Osi it's two...
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Could also mean they are eying a DE in the draft and/or re-upping Osi.

They are freeing up a spot and if they lose Osi it's two...
    [/quote]

My guess is that the team will make a fair offer to Osi soon, giving them plenty of time before draft day. if it doesnt work out, Osi could still be on the block. Maybe we draft to replace him at that point.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Problem is this draft doesn't really have many speed rushers. Theres a bunch of guys who could play left end. Mercilus, jones, crawford but not many right de prospects like osi. Next year has a bunch tho so maybe we give osi some extra incentive cash for this year and let him walk next year and grab someone like Brandon Jenkins from fsu.

word on the street is Tolly is getting enough FA attention that he's probably pricing himself out of our affordability range for a 4th DE.

I do not think this has anything to do with Justin playing DE this year.

All-Pro

Might have more to do with Kiwi playing more DE. Maybe we are eyeing a LB in the draft to.move kiwi up front more.

I was thinking maybe we hold out and make a decent offer to Osi near draft, if he refuses we see if we can either throw him to a team to swap #1s and move up a little bit or see if a team will give us their #2 for him since this draft is deep in the rush

Veteran

My answer is yes - and i think Justin has a chance to be our next Tolly - actually i think he could be better - and I have picked him as my under the radar guy for next year, and hedged that bet with Tracy.

Tolly was an undersized end who rushed the passer decently -high motor - but not nearly stout enough to play the run. Hence 4th DE, and really not gonna get passed 3rd anywhere else. To me Trattou could be even better - kid played against redskins week one and flashed in preseason.

I think he is more then suited to rotate in as a 4th and may even turn some heads, that said predicted that down the depth chart is difficult cause we dont see practice and he has limited game film - so I will hedge with Tracy. While tolly was a fan favorite we dont lose all that much in my opinion.

[quote user="dave56dj"]My answer is yes - and i think Justin has a chance to be our next Tolly - actually i think he could be better - and I have picked him as my under the radar guy for next year, and hedged that bet with Tracy.

Tolly was an undersized end who rushed the passer decently -high motor - but not nearly stout enough to play the run. Hence 4th DE, and really not gonna get passed 3rd anywhere else. To me Trattou could be even better - kid played against redskins week one and flashed in preseason.

I think he is more then suited to rotate in as a 4th and may even turn some heads, that said predicted that down the depth chart is difficult cause we dont see practice and he has limited game film - so I will hedge with Tracy. While tolly was a fan favorite we dont lose all that much in my opinion.
    [/quote]

yeah im big on tratou also. the owner of my company knows him and his family. said justin is a beast just needs a shot. he played good on special teams this year
    FUTURE NFL STAR