+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Green Bay Packers message boards are filled with sore losers

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="Joe Morrison"]

Have just been out to Green Bay, went to the Stadium, was quite funny to see every teams gear there for sale except the Giants, not one single thing.</p>

Know they are not thrilled with being ousted twice by Eli and the GMEN in there home but they need to get over it.</p>

Fans I met there were fine, good time ribbing back and forth but ownership over at the stadium needs to grow up.</p>[/quote]Very unusual. I remember going to the GB game at GIANTS Stadium this year and the Pack was well represented by well behaved fans. Then I hear that TV stations in Wisconsin won't show Seinfeld episodes because he is so closely associated with New York. Leaves me shaking my head. If these were 12 year olds I'd understand.[/quote]
    Actually, they only don't show Seinfeld when we come into town.

As we all know, football players are creatures of habit. Well, Eli mentioned in an interview shortly before the '07/'08 NFCCG that he watches the Seinfeld re-runs every night, so the local stations decided not to show Seinfeld when we came into town in an attempt to throw Eli off his routine. I think that's pretty funny and kind of cool that they'd do that, lol.

[quote user="Lambeau12"]We dont have a bandwagon fanbase. We have the best fans in all of sports IMO.[/quote]
    LMAO!!!!

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="Lambeau12"]We dont have a bandwagon fanbase. We have the best fans in all of sports IMO.[/quote]
    LMAO!!!!
    [/quote]
    We try to represent our fanbase with class. I know we have a few bad apples. The Giants are like brothers to us, very historic teams.

Man I just went over there to read about the state of your fanbase , and man I got to tell you Lambeau I just don't get it. Hell you guys have a thread about "losing to us in the regular season so we can be the Giants in the playoffs!". Every time the Giants are mentioned someone on your board seems to flip out, or says something like "lets finish this".

Man, yeah I get it we beat you guys in the playoffs. I can't believe so many people there thought you guys were unbeatable, I mean come on even the "undefeatable" Pats weren't unbeatable. I've never seen a one way rivalry before. Hell I actually respect the Packers lol.

[quote user="Lambeau12"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="Lambeau12"]We dont have a bandwagon fanbase. We have the best fans in all of sports IMO.[/quote]
    LMAO!!!!
    [/quote]
    We try to represent our fanbase with class. I know we have a few bad apples. The Giants are like brothers to us, very historic teams.[/quote]
    I know. I was laughing more at you saying that you guys don't have bandwagon fans. I've run across quite a few. Maybe it's just where I live, in Upstate NY, kind of at the convergence of NYG, NYJ, Pats, and Bills territory, that make bandwagoneering more common than in other areas.

That being said, I've always liked GB. Like you said, both are historic teams that go about business in the right way. Granted, I've grown tired of the hype surrounding GB, but that's more about the hype as opposed to the Pack themselves. Unless it effects the Giants in a negative way, I generally like seeing the Packers win.

Veteran

Maybe I'm missing something, but seemed like a lot of Packer fans were pretty cool and reasonable over there....there was that one goofball named Bogart, but more than a few packer fans were talking his arguments apart.

They act as if the only reason we won is because they were off and screwed up and we were just lucky.

There is no way they will just man up and give credit that the better team won when we beat them.

I do think if we catch those 8 dropped passes and we play with more urgency it would have been alot closer then it was. I don't think we would have won still but you never know. Plus if we don't turn the ball over we might win that game. I tip my hat off to you guys though, you were the better team. Nothing but respect here for the Giants.

[quote user="Bing Crosby"]Man I just went over there to read about the state of your fanbase , and man I got to tell you Lambeau I just don't get it. Hell you guys have a thread about "losing to us in the regular season so we can be the Giants in the playoffs!". Every time the Giants are mentioned someone on your board seems to flip out, or says something like "lets finish this".

Man, yeah I get it we beat you guys in the playoffs. I can't believe so many people there thought you guys were unbeatable, I mean come on even the "undefeatable" Pats weren't unbeatable. I've never seen a one way rivalry before. Hell I actually respect the Packers lol.
    [/quote]
    I think losing to you guys twice in the playoffs in the last decade has alot to do with it. Alot of focus has been on the Giants lately.

Bench Player

[quote user="Lambeau12"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="Lambeau12"]We dont have a bandwagon fanbase. We have the best fans in all of sports IMO.[/quote]
    LMAO!!!!
    [/quote]
    We try to represent our fanbase with class. I know we have a few bad apples. The Giants are like brothers to us, very historic teams.[/quote]

You have something brown on your nose right now.