+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

Would the Giants renegotiate SNEE's contract

or is that a slap at TC? If Snee is to make 8 million this year he is way overpaid based on last years work. At that rate I would rather have Nix or even Winston at a lesser price. I think the Snee situation is a delicate one seeing as he is TC son in law

Re: Would the Giants renegotiate SNEE's contract

[quote user="bcbud"]or is that a slap at TC? If Snee is to make 8 million this year he is way overpaid based on last years work. At that rate I would rather have Nix or even Winston at a lesser price. I think the Snee situation is a delicate one seeing as he is TC son in law[/quote]
    TC and Snee both know that this is a business though.

I dont think JR would have any qualms with asking Snee to work something out on his contract, but I don't think JR wants to make him more expensive IF he is actually declining.

I personally think that his struggles had alot to do with the play around him. You could really see he was trying to overcompensate.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

Veteran

I think he was dinged all year. You'd never hear about it but I can recall him leaving a few games for a few plays with what looked like a stinger.

[quote user="Seducer"]I think he was dinged all year.* You'd never hear about it but I can recall him leaving a few games for a few plays with what looked like a stinger.[/quote]
    This. I was surprised he didn't miss any games but the one.

[quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"]

I dont think JR would have any qualms with asking Snee to work something out on his contract, but I don't think JR wants to make him more expensive IF he is actually declining.

I personally think that his struggles had alot to do with the play around him. You could really see he was trying to overcompensate.

[/quote]
    You got it 100%, pal. The level of play on the OL last year affected the whole team not only one player. Unless there was an unreported injury that was ongoing and needed time to repair. Can't see it any other way.

Yeah but not now.

They could lower Snee's contract and give TC enough of a raise to make up for it, even after inheritance tax...

Why is everyone being so hard on Snee after one bad season? He's been a STUD top 3 RG in the NFL for his entire career.

The poor play of the O-line aided in his woes as well because he had to help others.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Snee re-worked his contract last season twice, actually losing out on some incentives. I know there is an option for him in two years. They can save 2mil in cap if they turn his base into a signing bonus, then possibly extend him in the offseason.