+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is MM re-signing becoming more likely?

Him and Lloyd are the last two name recognizable WR's. Guys like Meachem, Garcon, Wayne, VJax, etc. have all gone and signed with teams.

Question is, is MM getting the offers he hoped he would? If a team had offered him #1 WR contracts, he would have been signed by now. He's visited a bunch of teams, and still no contract.

The market may be on our side which kicks *** for the Giants but kinda blows for MM...I dont even believe an offer he receives from another team will be out of our range...with Smith looking like he signs to STL, MM is my next best choice...

what do you guys make of MM visiting teams like Buffalo, SF, Cleveland and I believe Miami and not signing?

Re: Is MM re-signing becoming more likely?

Lloyd to the patriots and Manningham to Tampa is still an option no?
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Veteran

its a head scratcher that he hasn't signed yet, but even after this, I still think he'll be out of our range.. We could probably only pay him 3 million, while I believe San Fran or New England will be pay at least 5 mill...

I wish it was possible, but I dont see it..

It's only been a few days into free agency. Chill down man lol. I'm glad to see no one paying him #1 money because frankly he doesn't deserve it but it is baffling that guys like Garcon and Meachem are going to get more than him. I'm honestly rooting for him to get a decent payday because he really needs to cash out for his future.

[quote user="GmenFan1980"]Lloyd to the patriots and Manningham to Tampa is still an option no?[/quote]Yeah, but I don't think Tampa needs Manningham. VJax, Williams and Benn will probably be their three starters.
    The Pats could sign either of them.

Every day where he doesn't sign a new contract is definitely good news for the Giants. Very early days though.
    I still don't see him returning.

[quote user="giantsfan420"]Him and Lloyd are the last two name recognizable WR's. Guys like Meachem, Garcon, Wayne, VJax, etc. have all gone and signed with teams.

Question is, is MM getting the offers he hoped he would? If a team had offered him #1 WR contracts, he would have been signed by now. He's visited a bunch of teams, and still no contract.

The market may be on our side which kicks *** for the Giants but kinda blows for MM...I dont even believe an offer he receives from another team will be out of our range...with Smith looking like he signs to STL, MM is my next best choice...

what do you guys make of MM visiting teams like Buffalo, SF, Cleveland and I believe Miami and not signing?[/quote]

1. I think he wants to hear an offer close to what he WANTS
    2. He wants to be sure leaving the current World Champion New York Football Giants is the right move (Could be a stretch, but I think it could matter to him)

MM Believes he's, at worst, a # 2 WR. He has a figure in mind but with every passing day, that figure drops. At some point it may well be that what he was offered by Reese and can REALLY get on the open market are not that far apart.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

There's still a wealth of FA WRs left that can fit the 3rd WR spot on the Giants if Hixon becomes an uncertainty..

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/wide-receiver/

Some options listed:

Deion Branch, Ted Ginn Jr. (did everyone just forget about him already?), Eddie Royal (I'd personally give him a try-out as well), Mike Sims-Walker...

There's also Ochocino and Roy Williams (WR) who were great at one time, but apparently not anymore.

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]There's still a wealth of FA WRs left that can fit the 3rd WR spot on the Giants if Hixon becomes an uncertainty..

Some options listed:

Deion Branch, Ted Ginn Jr. (did everyone just forget about him already?), Eddie Royal (I'd personally give him a try-out as well), Mike Sims-Walker...

There's also Ochocino and Roy Williams (WR) who were great at one time, but apparently not anymore.[/quote]
    i'd rather MM 10x more than those guys. Royals interesting tho.

But it just seems baffling to me that all these other WR's are getting much more attention than MM. I did say before FA started that I believed teams would be worried about MM and the loss of cartilage in his knee joints and bone fragements in his knees, but I still expected a team to offer him an overpriced contract...

I know its still early and enigma u make a good point, just thinking that if we get a couple more days ahead and still he hasnt signed...would MM take a mil or 2 less a season if we were to offer him more guaranteed money then other teams? the market might be pricing him into our range.

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]There's still a wealth of FA WRs left that can fit the 3rd WR spot on the Giants if Hixon becomes an uncertainty..

Some options listed:

There's also Ochocino and Roy Williams (WR) who were great at one time, but apparently not anymore.[/quote]
    i'd rather MM 10x more than those guys. Royals interesting tho.

But it just seems baffling to me that all these other WR's are getting much more attention than MM. I did say before FA started that I believed teams would be worried about MM and the loss of cartilage in his knee joints and bone fragements in his knees, but I still expected a team to offer him an overpriced contract...

I know its still early and enigma u make a good point, just thinking that if we get a couple more days ahead and still he hasnt signed...would MM take a mil or 2 less a season if we were to offer him more guaranteed money then other teams? the market might be pricing him into our range.[/quote]

I agree Manningham is the best choice. He knows the system already. Any new WR (no matter the name) is going to have to learn the system and develop chemistry and trust with Eli, which is going to take time. Can the Giants re-sign him? We'll find out.

Manningham is overrated, did he really think he would get a huge pay day? The guy has made some decent plays here & there but he's a #2 recevier at best
    The Gigalo with the most below