+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Veteran

Mock 3.16 Trade Back!!

At 32 I don't see anyone of great value for the Giants so therefore they must trade back! I propose they trade back into the middle to late 2nd round for a 3rd rounder this year and a 1st rounder next year. And with the 50 something pick in the 2012 Draft the giants select

RD2A- Doug Martin RB, Boise St.
    --- Martin is going to be special at the next level. He has a very similar playing style and build to Ray Rice, MJD, and a little bit of Frank Gore too. He has the frame to handle the pounding of a feature back, is a quality receiver out of the backfield, and is also a very good pass protector. These three attributes will make Martin a 3 down back in the NFL.

RD2-64- Chandler Jones DE, Syracuse
    --- Not another DE!! Yep another DE. Osi is not only getting old, but he may not even be on the team in 2013. With the impending loss of Tolly to free agency, and Kiwi making the switch to linebacker, quality depth at the DE position is paramount. Jones is somewhat of a project, but he has the size and length the Giants like at DE along with a great motor, and some serious potential.

RD3A- Michael Egnew TE, Missouri
    --- Now that the Giants signed Bennett, that gives them some breathing room at TE for at least a year. This breathing room allows the Giants to go after a project TE like Egnew who has all the physical tools to become an elite TE in the NFL. He's athletically somewhere between Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski.

RD3-96- Vontaze Burfict LB, Arizona St.
    --- Why not?? At pick 96 he can't possibly provide less of an impact than Ramses Barden has so far right?? Besides if he turns out to be half of Ray Lewis like everyone thought he would be earlier in the year, then you'll be looking out our best LB in 3 years.

RD4-7- Honestly there's no point in even considering these rounds with still over a month left until the draft. The Giants should look to take some good OLine depth, WR depth, Safety depth, and some DT depth in no particular order.

Veteran

Re: Mock 3.16 Trade Back!!

Nice mock.. I agree with trading down from 32 unless a guy like mark Barron falls to 32.. I was very high on us getting Fleener , but after the Bennett signing , it doesn't make sense to pick 1 that high, not this year atlease . Michael Egnew would be GREAT in the third... Doug Martin , I also like in the 2nd, but I'm more a David Wilson guy personally.. I think he has a higher ceiling, but Martin might fit what we want out of backs better.

I love the Chandler Jones pick, if we get him , I'll be crazy hype... He will be a beast in the league in a few years, & learning under Tuck, Osi, JPP, & Kiwi will only speed up that process.. not sure about Burfict in the 3rd , but overall this draft would be a home run!!!

Veteran

[quote user="GMenNY21"]Nice mock.. I agree with trading down from 32 unless a guy like mark Barron falls to 32.. I was very high on us getting Fleener , but after the Bennett signing , it doesn't make sense to pick 1 that high, not this year atlease . Michael Egnew would be GREAT in the third... Doug Martin , I also like in the 2nd, but I'm more a David Wilson guy personally.. I think he has a higher ceiling, but Martin might fit what we want out of backs better.

I love the Chandler Jones pick, if we get him , I'll be crazy hype... He will be a beast in the league in a few years, & learning under Tuck, Osi, JPP, & Kiwi will only speed up that process.. not sure about Burfict in the 3rd , but overall this draft would be a home run!!![/quote]

Thanks man. I guess you could call this the "upside" mock. I really feel like that if we can get a guy like Burfict that was a projected first round pick at 96 it would be a huge steal. If he pans out it could be the steal of the century. Besides I don't think he would cause any problems in the locker room because Tuck and Rolle would shut his *** up in a heart beat. Low risk, high reward.

I totally agree with you on the David Wilson part. He definitely has a much higher ceiling but his ball security is very suspect and he doesn't have that size you like to see out of a feature back. He's not small by any means but Martin is huge compared to him.

Veteran

Rd 2)
    a) LOVE the Doug Martin pick. No.2 back in the draft, IMO
    b) Gimme Tyrone Crawford (DE-Boise St.). Basically a high 3rd round selection, and I like him way more than Jones. Chandler Jones never really got me that excited.

Rd 3)
    a) Eh, I'll take Egnew. Although, I think I'd be a little diappointed if he's BPA. (I'd rather take Audie Cole or Mike Martin if one of them are there)
    b) Hell No. I don't want Burfict period. He certainly can provide more impact than Barden, but rather than making some catches that extend drives to win a game, his impact is more likely an idiotic penalty that will extend an opponent's drive to win the game. Give me James Brown (G/T-Troy).

[quote user="Raptor22"]Rd 2)
    b) Gimme Tyrone Crawford (DE-Boise St.). Basically a high 3rd round selection, and I like him way more than Jones. Chandler Jones never really got me that excited.

Rd 3)
    a) Eh, I'll take Egnew. Although, I think I'd be a little diappointed if he's BPA. (I'd rather take Audie Cole or Mike Martin if one of them are there)
    b) Hell No. I don't want Burfict period. He certainly can provide more impact than Barden, but rather than making some catches that extend drives to win a game, his impact is more likely an idiotic penalty that will extend an opponent's drive to win the game. Give me James Brown (G/T-Troy).
    [/quote]

Audie Cole is a 5-6 round prospect i dont see us taking him in the 3rd. there are alot of other LB prospects b etter then him still available.

I also am not sold on egnew. He looked bad for a Receiving TE at the combine. I would rather them pick up L. Green from Lauis/laf.

also hate Taze in the third wouldnt mind having him as a 5-7-UFA bcx hes got potential.

Veteran

[quote user="GiantPride27"][quote user="Raptor22"]Rd 2)

Rd 3)
    [/quote]

Audie Cole is a 5-6 round prospect i dont see us taking him in the 3rd. there are alot of other LB prospects b etter then him still available.

I also am not sold on egnew. He looked bad for a Receiving TE at the combine. I would rather them pick up L. Green from Lauis/laf.

also hate Taze in the third wouldnt mind having him as a 5-7-UFA bcx hes got potential.[/quote]

Almost everywhere I've seen has Cole listed as a mid-3rd rounder... the few exceptions I've seen are one mock had him going late 2nd, and another early 4th.

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="GiantPride27"][quote user="Raptor22"]Rd 2)

Rd 3)
    [/quote]

also hate Taze in the third wouldnt mind having him as a 5-7-UFA bcx hes got potential.[/quote]

Almost everywhere I've seen has Cole listed as a mid-3rd rounder... the few exceptions I've seen are one mock had him going late 2nd, and another early 4th.
    [/quote]

ive seen him projected in mocks as a mid 3rd rounder but as far as value goes hes no more than a 5-FA guy
    highest ive seen him was late 4th early 5th.

im not saying i dont like the kid i just wouldnt want him in the 3rd where he is overvalued.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...kings/2012/ILB

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012ILB.php

Veteran

I think Cole was a projected as a 3rd rounder but his stock has fallen.

Veteran

idk why everyone's hating on the Vontaze in the 3rd pick lol. 3rd rounders only have a 30% chance of being starters so why not take a chance on a guy who clearly has emmense potential?? We're the Super Bowl champs! we can take calculated risks.

I haven't watched Crawford I just know that at 64 Jones would be a steal.

[quote user="Spizi"]idk why everyone's hating on the Vontaze in the 3rd pick lol. 3rd rounders only have a 30% chance of being starters so why not take a chance on a guy who clearly has emmense potential?? We're the Super Bowl champs! we can take calculated risks.

I haven't watched Crawford I just know that at 64 Jones would be a steal.[/quote]

Burfict is the opposite of potential.
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime