+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I wont say this team will be unstoppable, but I WILL say....

The 2012 Giants have A TON of potential

Cruz getting experience and developing with Eli? As with Nicks?

Healthy (knock on wood) Hixon returning kicks/punts and perhaps a few balls?

Martellus Bennett, who is more talented than TEs we have used of late? With Ballard/Beckum returning mid season for more options?

Da'Rel Scott possibly seeing more playtime, if he can step up and coach well, that speed could be gamebreaking

Healthy Amukamara with a proper offseason/preseason, while havin gotten his feet wet witht he playbook and coaches/teams?

Return of Chad Jones, Marvin Austin, while no NFL experience.....COULD be good players, ou never know they were both very talented high draft picks.

Other players getting healthy, younger guys getting better (really looking forward to the development of Jacquain Williams)

NFL Draft, Free agency, still more players to be brought in!

The players, alot of restructures, alot of teamwork, everyone top to bottom, players, coaches, owners, front office, EVERYONE in on the same page, that alone will pay dividends

I know it is alot of ifs ands and buts, alot of different scenarios and situations to be played out, but there is definitely alot of potential for this team next year. Gonna be very exciting, lets hope things goes as well and they can, this potential is untapped, gonna be fun to watch

Re: I wont say this team will be unstoppable, but I WILL say....

i think we will be unstoppable ill go ahead and say it.

our roster is going to be more talented than last season as long as we can get or have a viable 3rd wr on the roster.

besides MM, we arent losing anyone that we cant improve on their position.

our D is virtually set once we re-sign Goff, we get a bunch of injured players from last year back.

on offense, we'll be getting younger and more athletic. eli is going to continue to dominate. and with this draft, somehow we'll still get even better.

if we have a good draft, and we get production from our 3 wr, i see us going like 11-5 at least. i just see this team being dominant like we were the final 6 games of the season...eli is going to be up there for league MVP...CANT WAIT FOR THE DRAFT AND THEN THE SEASON!!

u cant teach confidence.

remember the SB in 07? we were a 10 win team that struggled quite a bit.

the next season, the confidence and trust in each other propelled us to 11-1 with a fluke loss to cleveland. had plex not been a moron, we'd have repeated and gone like 13-2. i expect that kind of dominance this season. big BIG things are instore for us.

remember, this team is EXTREMELY young with the right mix of seasoned, talented veterans. the young guys will have a years experience and postseason success, u cannot account for that. football, at the nfl level, is 90% mental. this teams mindset trumps the league and its not even close

They need some serious line help. It's a miracle that Eli didn't get broken in half in that niners playoff game. Eli took way to many hits and the running game was last in the league making the team live off of 3rdndown conversions seemingly on every drive. That needs to be corrected with much better line play. Hate to say it but I think bass was a major disapointment. That along with mckenzie really slowing down in the second half of the year really hurt the offence

I'm confident in the talent on this team and the managment provided by the FO and coaches but man I just hope the injury bug doesn't bite hard this coming season.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

[quote user="G-Men Surg."]I'm confident in the talent on this team and the managment provided by the FO and coaches but man I just hope the injury bug doesn't bite hard this coming season.[/quote]

rich-i think the OL can only improve. there's no way they can play as poorly as they did last season. that was perhaps the worst performance form our OL in the last 10 years. They did better in the playoffs. With KMac leaving, we're going to get younger which means not as much experience, but more athleticism and hunger imho. Brewer or whoever it is, will play better than Kmac bc there's just no way to play that badly.
    Baas also, he played awesome in the SB, hopefully an offseason program and getting 100% healthy equates better play. Beatty at LT was also much better than DD who was graded the worst OL in the league. When your rock bottom, theres no place to go but up and last seasons OL play was rock bottom.

And Surg., I just can't see us getting hit by the bug two years in a row...just cant see it...we'll have an injury here and there, but not like last season, that was like record breaking the number of key players to get hurt last season

Agreed. I was impressed with petrus when he got in there. I'd like to see him get a lot more time in the new rotation. I always see him going nuts on the sidelines and he plays hard when whenever his number gets called. Dudes like mckenzie had me nervous as hell coming down the stretch, but in the end, he did enough to help win another ring and I'm thankful for that

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="G-Men Surg."]I'm confident in the talent on this team and the managment provided by the FO and coaches but man I just hope the injury bug doesn't bite hard this coming season.[/quote]

rich-i think the OL can only improve. there's no way they can play as poorly as they did last season. that was perhaps the worst performance form our OL in the last 10 years. They did better in the playoffs. With KMac leaving, we're going to get younger which means not as much experience, but more athleticism and hunger imho. Brewer or whoever it is, will play better than Kmac bc there's just no way to play that badly.
    Baas also, he played awesome in the SB, hopefully an offseason program and getting 100% healthy equates better play. Beatty at LT was also much better than DD who was graded the worst OL in the league. When your rock bottom, theres no place to go but up and last seasons OL play was rock bottom.

And Surg., I just can't see us getting hit by the bug two years in a row...just cant see it...we'll have an injury here and there, but not like last season, that was like record breaking the number of key players to get hurt last season[/quote]
    Its going to be interesting to say the least seeing again the shuffle the O line is about to suffer . Totally agree it all starts and ends with the OL , again I'm confident in the talent around and I concur that it only can get better . I'm very excited about the moves we are about to see in this regard. Reese has a plan by now and can't wait to watch him in action in this upcoming draft. Nothing is written In stone aside of C and RG the remaining spot are to be defined and solidify in depth.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

We NEED to make sure our offensive line is ready to go. After that, yeah, I think we're unstoppable.

Ballard and Beckum is not going to return midseason. They both had torn ACL in the Super Bowl.