+ Reply to Thread

New Mock Trade backs and more

JR and Company secured our secondary by resigning our DBs and bringing back Chad jones and Signing FA Horton.

Osi is coming back for atleast the last year of his contract so no more worries about him being traded.

I believe OL is our biggest concern but at #32 i dont see talant for value anywhere let alone at OL. Mike adams may still be there but i question his work ethic and strength (19 reps??? I weigh 230 and put up 225 18 times)

I believe trading back would make very good sense here. i do not see us getting Nicks talant at 32 in this draft.

Traded our 1st for a mid/later 2nd and a 3rd this year & a 2nd next year

Draft

2a Kelechi Osemele OG Iowa State
    2b C. Jones DL Syracuse
    3a - Mychal Kendricks ILB California
    3b L. Green TE Louisiana - Lafayette
    4 R. Turbin RB Utah State
    5a N. Potter OL Boise State
    5b M. McNutt WR Iowa
    6 D. Page-Moss DE UNC
    7a Darius Fleming OLB ND or Blair Walsh K Georgia
    7b Junior Hemingway WR Michigan or Robert Blanton CB Notre Dame

Re: New Mock Trade backs and more

If there is no "talent for value " at #32 , then why would any other franchise give us anything to move into that spot?

Veteran

[quote user="888888"]If there is no "talent for value " at #32 , then why would any other franchise give us anything to move into that spot?[/quote]

Why did the Rams trade back with the redskins if there was no value there for them? uh because there's no value for "them" doesn't mean there isn't value for another team with different needs.

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="888888"]If there is no "talent for value " at #32 , then why would any other franchise give us anything to move into that spot?[/quote]

Why did the Rams trade back with the redskins if there was no value there for them? uh because there's no value for "them" doesn't mean there isn't value for another team with different needs.[/quote]Not really a good argument. The rams got 1st in 2012, 2013, and 2014, with a second.

I have always felt that staying in your slot and getting the best player (value) with minimal mistakes leads to most success. Of course there are always exceptions. Since we do not have a position that has a glaring need Jerry just might trade down and still get player he wants. </P>

Veteran

[quote user="XxBigWhitxX"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="888888"]If there is no "talent for value " at #32 , then why would any other franchise give us anything to move into that spot?[/quote]

Why did the Rams trade back with the redskins if there was no value there for them? uh because there's no value for "them" doesn't mean there isn't value for another team with different needs.[/quote]Not really a good argument. The rams got 1st in 2012, 2013, and 2014, with a second.[/quote]

how is it not a good argument? the rams knew they could get the same player at two that they could get at six so they traded back... same situation for us. we can get a player we like at 32 and draft him later in the 2nd round where he is better value.

um... anyone have any comments of the players/spots/opinions of talent... if you wnna read the same old mocks over and over then go for it. i like making lot with different players and different situations. its fun and work is boring hahaha

[quote user="GiantPride27"]um... anyone have any comments of the players/spots/opinions of talent... if you wnna read the same old mocks over and over then go for it. i like making lot with different players and different situations. its fun and work is boring hahaha[/quote]

Overall your player selections are solid. I have a lot of the same guys in my mocks and I've seen their names crop up on other mocks as well.

I don't think any of your picks are off base ... my only concern is that Robert Turbin seems to be getting some draft buzz and might end up going in the 3rd.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="GiantPride27"]um... anyone have any comments of the players/spots/opinions of talent... if you wnna read the same old mocks over and over then go for it. i like making lot with different players and different situations. its fun and work is boring hahaha[/quote]

Overall your player selections are solid. I have a lot of the same guys in my mocks and I've seen their names crop up on other mocks as well.

I don't think any of your picks are off base ... my only concern is that Robert Turbin seems to be getting some draft buzz and might end up going in the 3rd.[/quote]

Ive noticed that with robert turbin and he may be gone. i am still hoping for a big back in FA like a BJGreen-Ellis or tolbert. (both depending on price). Could take him in the 4th but i am enamored by the TE Ledarious green and would love to see him picked up in the 3rd