+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How are they doing this

The Redskins are really beefing up.Where are they getting all this money?So I guess that penalty they got hit with has nothing to do with money this year..If that is so then they are putting all their chips in to win this year before that penalty takes effect?
    "it don't cost you nothing to be nice"

All-Pro

Re: How are they doing this

i think they are hoping to win the appeal

and if they don't they'll probably make some cuts or push more of the penality to next season

they are experiencing some attendance issues, which is unheard of for the Skins, so they are being pressured from all angles

who did they get now?

I believe the penalty has been enforced for this year and next...the skins ownership can't push any more or less to next year at it's own discretion. I am sure they are doing as they always do...backloading. Doing anything they can to not have a large portion of the player contracts come in at the beginning of its term.

they signed , Garcon,J.Morgan,Cedric.Griffin and B.Meriweather so far.
    "it don't cost you nothing to be nice"

Who did they sign now? The latest I've heard they've just been signing marginal players although it seemed like they would've been able to make bigger waves.

They had close to 40 million in cap space before the 36 million dock. But as it's been stated above, the 36 million is split up over two seasons, and can't be less than 18 this season.

One thing to remember with owners who have connections/more money is that contracts that are announced to the NFL for signing a player typically exclude various commercial deals that are also put into place. AKA - Jerry Jones has connections with (insert random sponsor), so he might sign a player to a contract that is worth 18 million, but also introduce and procure a commercial deal with the sponsor that is worth XXXXXXX more money that is not reported to the NFL.

So they are using all of that available 22 million aren't they. Have to leave a lot on the table to be able to sign RG3 so I guess they would have to be marginal type players. Although garçon is a bit above that.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

please name the number of teams you know that have gone out into free agency, spent a boat load, and won a championship that year.

don't worry. i'll wait for you to look it up.

Veteran

[quote user="giantcarll"]The Redskins are really beefing up.Where are they getting all this money?So I guess that penalty they got hit with has nothing to do with money this year..If that is so then they are putting all their chips in to win this year before that penalty takes effect?[/quote]

Because all of their other FA signings bust so they can afford to sign new ones after they cut them and take the cap hit lol. Not exactly a "high class" problem to have.