+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: David Wilson or Lamar Miller

Thanks for the info sounds like we should trade down and get to 2nds and take a rb later on.

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Lamar Miller had the best Speed score from the class.Its a metric that calculates speed/weight. the Giants have drafted 2 backs with the best overall speed score in a draft class . Andre Brown and Brandon Jacobs

I prefer Lamar Miller between the 2 personally. Wilson is my 4th rated RB[/quote]

same here. i say whoever drops to our pick in the 2nd round is who we should take. i wouldnt be surprised if one of miller/david/martin is there at 64.[/quote] I predict Wilson late 1st, miller early 2nd, Martin mid 2nd.....I'd love to trade back,get extra 3rd, pick up Martin wth our first pick...

There are things to like about both. I like Miller's north south style, and I like Wilsons consistent production and open field running, as well as his kick returning.

[quote user="myles2424"]I'd love to trade back,get extra 3rd, pick up Martin wth our first pick...[/quote]That would be perfect.

Miller doesn't run with a low center of gravity like all of the best RBs in the NFL and goes down very easy on initial contact subsequently not getting many yards after contact. Has some bust/disappointment potential to me if fans have expectations of him being an elite RB in the NFL

I like David Wilson better. He actually runs low to the ground, has great balance, doesn't let himself get arm tackled in the hole by defensive lineman, and plays big/pushes the pile. I'm not a fan of his vision, as he needs to be more disciplined as a runner and take with the defense gives him while not running out of control. But Wilson has a lot more significant advantages over Miller as I mentioned which gives him the edge here

Neither Doug martin or bust. Then after Bradshaw gets injured next year again we can cut him in the of season and save that cap space to resign nicks/Cruz/jpp/tuck/Phillips. And I love me some Bradshaw but that 4 million were gonna need to re up our core players. Trading down is an idea I favour. Getting extra choices pay the player less and proavley still getting a player we have a first round grade on knowing Reese.

[quote user="BluGiantPies"]Neither Doug martin or bust. Then after Bradshaw gets injured next year again we can cut him in the of season and save that cap space to resign nicks/Cruz/jpp/tuck/Phillips. And I love me some Bradshaw but that 4 million were gonna need to re up our core players. Trading down is an idea I favour. Getting extra choices pay the player less and proavley still getting a player we have a first round grade on knowing Reese.[/quote]

Martin, Wilson and Miller are all good in their own way. But, its no Rb in this draft is a "take him or bust" guy because the class is so deep.

And whoever we draft will be here to compliment Bradshaw moreso than replace him. If we draft someone, it is to replace Jacobs.

Not a Miller fan. Wilson plays with anger, passion and goes all out with his opportunities. Great character guy and is the better overall athlete and leader IMO. He's faster than the time he recorded...A lot of people were surprised with how he timed at the combine but if you watch him in pads and his game speed there's not a lot than can catch him when he reaches the second level.

I'd take Wilson over Miller in a heartbeat. I think he'll make the better Professional as well...He handles himself really well and when it comes to football the man is all business. Wilson was the only guy to show up at the combine to meet with teams dressed in a suit and tie. Sounds like Giants material to me.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]Neither Doug martin or bust. Then after Bradshaw gets injured next year again we can cut him in the of season and save that cap space to resign nicks/Cruz/jpp/tuck/Phillips. And I love me some Bradshaw but that 4 million were gonna need to re up our core players. Trading down is an idea I favour. Getting extra choices pay the player less and proavley still getting a player we have a first round grade on knowing Reese.[/quote]

Martin, Wilson and Miller are all good in their own way. But, its no Rb in this draft is a "take him or bust" guy because the class is so deep.

And whoever we draft will be here to compliment Bradshaw moreso than replace him. If we draft someone, it is to replace Jacobs.

[/quote] To be honest, i woulden't say the RB that we pick won't possibly be our feature back sooner then later, possibly in a yr or 2, and who knows if not sooner with Bradshaws brittle feet.. kinda similar to how we watched Bradshaw take the starting gig over from BJ.. Bradshaw could be in a simialr spiral from Starting Stud to Solid Second RB as we speak, similar to Jacobs when Bradshaw started showing he was just to good to be behind BJ..

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="GMenNY21"]Both are electric runners , & have outstanding burst off the snap .. Miller in my mind , is the more complete back, but Wilson is more physical & will break more tackles at the next level.. I would be happy with either 1 .. Pairing either of the these guys or even Doug Martin, out of Boise State with Bradshaw would make our offense MUCH more dangerous than it all ready is[/quote] personally I'd rather trade back a few spots & get a extra pick/Doug Martin....[/quote] Ya, I'd rather Martin as well, and to be honest, i'd rather wait unless its martin, and get a guy like Robert Turbin, Bernard Pierce, Vick Ballard, Terrance Ganaway later on, then go early on Wilson or Miller...