+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

new running back

why arent the giants going after a running back? do you think theyre gonna go after one in the fa or draft, or both i really would like to see tolbert in big blue

Re: new running back

[quote user="mattpl908"]why arent the giants going after a running back? do you think theyre gonna go after one in the fa or draft, or both i really would like to see tolbert in big blue[/quote]......and you know that we aren't going after one because?
    No one remembers who came in second.

There's a guy named Da'Rel Scott. I expect him to be more involved this season. He has the potential to be the "Victor Cruz" for next season. Giants may still go after another RB. Patience.... The first week of free agency is barely over and the draft is late next month.

i know we are but we didnt really meet with any so far...just thought wed hear something by now

This is a solid RB draft I think they will take one when value presents itself. I still think Jacobs will return as well

Veteran

Frankly, I don't like veteran running backs, unless they are young vets.

I'd much prefer we draftsome kid out of the SEC that is used to playing against top competition.

The position is so brutal, I'd prefer youth.

Anyone expecting Bradshaw to be both healthy and productive this entire season is smoking crack, though. The Giants need help here.

I really like Tolbert too I think its a great compliment to Bradshaw however I really think the Giants will DRAFT a RB. Most likely in the first 2 rounds.

I really like LaMichael James, LaMar Miller, and Dave Wilson.

[quote user="mattpl908"]why arent the giants going after a running back? do you think theyre gonna go after one in the fa or draft, or both i really would like to see tolbert in big blue[/quote]It could be they are honing the roster so we target and RB in the draft...Reese's BPA will prevail but I believe there are some possibilities...but also, some good chances that we trade down...possibly with a team with 2 second round picks this year.
    I found on one mock today:
    Chris Polk from Washington Huskies looks like and excellent prospect that could be had in the early 2nd round...Has a great yards after catch. Great college career showing good health, and consistency. This would be my 1st pick even at #32 overall. He has decent size and weight to bring the power rungame.

Veteran

[quote user="hungrrrry"][quote user="mattpl908"]why arent the giants going after a running back? do you think theyre gonna go after one in the fa or draft, or both i really would like to see tolbert in big blue[/quote]It could be they are honing the roster so we target and RB in the draft...Reese's BPA will prevail but I believe there are some possibilities...but also, some good chances that we trade down...possibly with a team with 2 second round picks this year. I found on one mock today: Chris Polk from Washington Huskies looks like and excellent prospect that could be had in the early 2nd round...Has a great yards after catch. Great college career showing good health, and consistency. This would be my 1st pick even at #32 overall. He has decent size and weight to bring the power rungame.[/quote]

I like Polk as well....was thinking the exact same thing....looks like a quality, productive back that will be available.

Bench Player

Honestly, I like the guys we have. Bradshaw needs to stay healthy, Ware is good on screens and short passes, Andrea Brown and Scott just needs more reps, and we should be fine. We have more important needs, like the guys who block for the RB's. We need depth at the O-line, and healthier and more proven LB's except for Boley. I gon't know how Goff is gonna be by season's end. But back on the subject, I think you roll the dice with what you already have, or if we pick up someone maybe Brown gets cut.