+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RB Chris Polk, Washington Huskies = Our new RB?

RB Chris Polk, Washington Huskies = Our new RB?

I have been looking at mock drafts and hoping to find our next RB...I get the idea that Reese is funneling his attention toward a RB with our first pick...Granted we haven't signed Goff yet, nor his replacement but assuming we do then it is my inclination we are looking for a RB with the first pick and this kid Chris Polk looks perfect....Good size and could possibly put on a few more pounds to enhance the power run-game. Over 4,000 yards in his college career. Fantastic YAC so he may solve the issue of a RB who can catch out of the backfield. 30+ TDS so he can look like he's been there before and is likely used to being considered the "star" and likely has learned to deal with that and his ego.
    I think this kid looks ideal!!! This would be a great pick up.
    Thoughts on him or other RB's are encouraged!

Re: RB Chris Polk, Washington Huskies = Our new RB?

[quote user="hungrrrry"]I have been looking at mock drafts and hoping to find our next RB...I get the idea that Reese is funneling his attention toward a RB with our first pick...Granted we haven't signed Goff yet, nor his replacement but assuming we do then it is my inclination we are looking for a RB with the first pick and this kid Chris Polk looks perfect....Good size and could possibly put on a few more pounds to enhance the power run-game. Over 4,000 yards in his college career. Fantastic YAC so he may solve the issue of a RB who can catch out of the backfield. 30+ TDS so he can look like he's been there before and is likely used to being considered the "star" and likely has learned to deal with that and his ego. I think this kid looks ideal!!! This would be a great pick up. Thoughts on him or other RB's are encouraged![/quote]I have seen him many times and believe he would be a very good addition. We need to be certain that the OL is properly stocked too.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran

I'd be happy with that pick....or a linbacker, or an offensive lineman.

I think RB/LB and OL need to be given a high priority

Very slippery. Hits the hole with incredible velocity.

Chris Polk

Veteran

I like Polk , think he's good in all aspects, looks to project as SOLID pro.. but from the tape , I dont see a future elite back.. if we're gonna spend our 1st or 2nd pick on a RB , I would want a true game changer .. I think David Wilson, Lamar Miller & Doug Martin all have better upside

Didn't we resign goff already?

[quote user="Breezely"]Very slippery. Hits the hole with incredible velocity.

Chris Polk[/quote]Thanks for adding the video...which enhances my point. Granted, it is a highlight reel so it is going to show his best shots but he also displays feet that are constantly moving, vision, a sledgehammer hit and presence of mind to exploit an opening when it presents itself and great speed to top it off...hope this is the pick!

[quote user="myles2424"]Didn't we resign goff already?[/quote]Did that happen today? otherwise, no!

[quote user="hungrrrry"][quote user="Breezely"]Very slippery. Hits the hole with incredible velocity.

Chris Polk[/quote]Thanks for adding the video...which enhances my point. Granted, it is a highlight reel so it is going to show his best shots but he also displays feet that are constantly moving, vision, a sledgehammer hit and presence of mind to exploit an opening when it presents itself and great speed to top it off...hope this is the pick![/quote]

No problem. Check this from SB Nation:

click here

And also, Leslie Frazier from the Senior Bowl:

"Leslie Frazier (Vikings), head coach of the North squad, spoke at length about Polk, a 224-pounder who registered back-to-back 1,400-yard seasons for the Huskies. "You can see that burst that he has," Frazier said. "He could run through some of those 'thud' tackles." Frazier also said that Polk has the potential to be an effective pass protector."

I'm sold!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Polk interview

+ Reply to Thread