+ Reply to Thread

Intriguing FA addition at WR

I think we keep 7 WRs on the roster. Behind Nicks and Cruz we have Hixon, Jernigan, Barden, Clayton and Thomas. I think Clayton goes and possibly Devin Thomas. However i hope Thomas stays.

Either way, (Hixon and Jernigan) one of these two gets first shot as #3WR and the other is the KO and Punt returned.

What about inquirig about Jerrico Cotchery?
    He is a very talented WR. He made acrobatic catched going across the middle when he played with the Jets. He helped moved the chains. He was a 3rd down go to option, similar to what Steve Smith was when he played with the Giants. I think he is a good experienced #3 WR.

I also see us picking a WR as insurance for the future!!!

Thoughts

Re: Intriguing FA addition at WR

i like cothercys game, and he'd come cheap too.

Good Value for good price seems to be what Reese is doing. It makes sense.

Early Doucet....
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

I don't understand why we even have Clayton around. I'd like to keep Thomas.

Cotchery's not bad, but the Jets should bring him back. I'm not interested in him.

[quote user="paul007"]I think we keep 7 WRs on the roster. Behind Nicks and Cruz we have Hixon, Jernigan, Barden, Clayton and Thomas. I think Clayton goes and possibly Devin Thomas. However i hope Thomas stays.

Either way, (Hixon and Jernigan) one of these two gets first shot as #3WR and the other is the KO and Punt returned.

What about inquirig about Jerrico Cotchery?
    He is a very talented WR. He made acrobatic catched going across the middle when he played with the Jets. He helped moved the chains. He was a 3rd down go to option, similar to what Steve Smith was when he played with the Giants. I think he is a good experienced #3 WR.

I also see us picking a WR as insurance for the future!!!

Thoughts[/quote]Clayton is done...I honestly think Thomas has more heard than Barden and more raw ability than Jernigan. Hixon is likely to be relegated to PR/KR unless the injury bug bites (god forbid)...I think he will stick if he is brought back.
    Cotchery, at the right price, would make a nice addition and possibly be every bit as valuable as Manningham was, if not more so.

I prefer go with our guys & draft one approach.....the mystery of a draft pick is interesting.....you know what your getting with cotch

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]Early Doucet....[/quote]
    I thought he'd get snapped up pretty quickly, he's like a low cost Anquan Boldin.