+ Reply to Thread

tolbert vs green ellis

who would you rather have ... green ellis or tolbert and why?

I think I'd be more satisfied with tolbert because of his explosiveness....ellis isnt the take it to the house kinda rb...very good at his assignments thought whether that be blocking or whatever

Re: tolbert vs green ellis

I doubt there is much truth to us getting Ellis, but I would go with him. He can get tough yards and doesn't fumble the ball. Safe player to trust
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

if we were to sign one of those two i see coughlin going for green ellis....never fumbled the ball in his career....tom would love that lol

[quote user="mattpl908"]who would you rather have ... green ellis or tolbert and why?

I think I'd be more satisfied with tolbert because of his explosiveness....ellis isnt the take it to the house kinda rb...very good at his assignments thought whether that be blocking or whatever[/quote]

Good debate, but I would be happy with either one. I guess that from the little that I know, I have more questions than impressions about the both of them. How are they picking up blitzes? How are they pass blocking? How effective are they in draw plays? How are they setting up and catching screens? How are they releasing from the line of scrimage and running to the underneath routes, or to the flats?

It is a bit unfair, because I have only really seen Green-Ellis play from our battles with the Pats, but I have not seen much of Tolbert. They are both good downhill runners, but how are they with all other elements of their position play?

Veteran

Tolbert would compliment Bradshaw perfectly! He's a better, younger Brandon Jacobs. And he wants to be a Giant

I love this debate. I have seen both backs and I see BGE as not as "sexy" pick. Very dependable, doesn't fumble, agile and a decent runner.

Tolbert is much much Stronger Jacobs like. He is also more athletic and faster then BGE. In a 2 back system Tolbert is more of a hit and run guy but also more expensive.

BGE is cheaper and low key and just does his job which is the type of guy Coughlin likes.

Tolbert

Ellis. I like his style of play. Very secure. You know what you're getting out of him.