+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lets brainstorm a mock draft.....

Why don't we all chime in on a thread, and try to come up with like an ultimate version of a mock to pass the time........I was thinking about this the other day, we have a huge/glaring need to get better on the Oline. With this being the case, maybe we should look at grabbing an OT, and a OG. I know BPA is the way JR goes.....but we do need quality Oline guys.

2 Amini Silatolu, OG
    5c
    6 Lamar Holmes OT
    7c

Re: Lets brainstorm a mock draft.....

3. L. Green - TE - Louis-Laf

3.Robert turbin

It's an interesting idea but I think we should lay down some official procedures of sorts in order to do something like this.

I'm thinking it would be similar to a committee or think tank (whatever you wanna call it) where we would need to come to a near majority agreement on a selection. Like if we had 10 people, we would need 7 of them to agree to the selection before it would be set in stone. Can't come to an agreement yet? Keep discussing then!

Another thing we would have to agree on is who would be around at certain spots. Just using examples so don't read into it but maybe I think DeCastro would be around at 32 and then you have Krunnch who thinks Kuechly would be there. What I'm saying is that we need to work together on a list for EACH round of potential prospects available.

So an example of that would be something like...

#32 selection -

WR Stephen Hill
    TE Coby Fleener
    LB Dont'a Hightower
    DT Devon Still
    OT Mike Adams
    CB Stephon Gillmore
    S Mark Barron

We would have to do that for each selection and if we wanted to trade up or down, another list would have to be created that we could agree upon.

Then you have to figure out how we will do the voting and what time limits we set on it. Without deadlines, we could be stuck for 3 days on just deciding which guys would be around for #32.

It ultimately comes down to how serious you are about making a brainstorm that accounts for everyone's opinion and if you can get enough people to really get into it.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

1. Kendal Reyes (DT)

2. I'm good with your pick

3. Robert Turbin (RB)

4. Juron Criner (WR)

5. Keenan Robinson (LB)

5c. Evan Rodriguez (FB/TE)

6. Andrew Datko (OT)

7. Donte Paige-Moss (DE)

7c. Bobby Rainey (RB)
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

[quote user="TheEnigma"]It's an interesting idea but I think we should lay down some official procedures of sorts in order to do something like this.

I'm thinking it would be similar to a committee or think tank (whatever you wanna call it) where we would need to come to a near majority agreement on a selection. Like if we had 10 people, we would need 7 of them to agree to the selection before it would be set in stone. Can't come to an agreement yet? Keep discussing then!

Another thing we would have to agree on is who would be around at certain spots. Just using examples so don't read into it but maybe I think DeCastro would be around at 32 and then you have Krunnch who thinks Kuechly would be there. What I'm saying is that we need to work together on a list for EACH round of potential prospects available.

#32 selection -

WR Stephen Hill
    TE Coby Fleener
    LB Dont'a Hightower
    DT Devon Still
    OT Mike Adams
    CB Stephon Gillmore
    S Mark Barron

We would have to do that for each selection and if we wanted to trade up or down, another list would have to be created that we could agree upon.

Then you have to figure out how we will do the voting and what time limits we set on it. Without deadlines, we could be stuck for 3 days on just deciding which guys would be around for #32.

It ultimately comes down to how serious you are about making a brainstorm that accounts for everyone's opinion and if you can get enough people to really get into it.[/quote]

Ok I would say 3 alternatives per person (otherwise the list becomes a tad too long no?)

For instance:

1) Kendall Reyes (DT) / Mark Barron (SS) / Mike Adams (OT)

2) Amini Silatulo (OG) / George Iloka (FS) / Chandler Jones (DE)

3) Robert Turbin (RB) / Ladarius Green (TE) / Brandon Mosley (OT)

4) Juron Criner (WR) / Keenan Robinson (OLB) / Chris Rainey (RB)

5 and 5c) Marvin McNutt (WR) / Nate Potter (OT) / Coryelle Judie (CB) / Malik Jackson (DE) / Evan Rodriquez (FB/TE)

6) Andrew Datko (OT) / Bobby Rainey (RB) / Jack Crawford (DE)

7 and 7c) Donte Paige-Moss (DE) / Nick Provo (TE) / Levy Ad**** (OT) / Cliff Harris (CB) / Marcel Jones (OT)
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

5th- RB Davin Meggett....built like a bowling ball at 5'8" 211 4.4 40 (pro day) with a career rushing average of 5 yards a carry. Can contribute in both the run and pass game (noted as good in pass pro)

[quote user="Kruunch"]
    Ok I would say 3 alternatives per person (otherwise the list becomes a tad too long no?)

For instance:

5 and 5c) Marvin McNutt (WR) / Nate Potter (OT) / Coryelle Judie (CB) / Malik Jackson (DE) / Evan Rodriquez (FB/TE)

7 and 7c) Donte Paige-Moss (DE) / Nick Provo (TE) / Levy Ad**** (OT) / Cliff Harris (CB) / Marcel Jones (OT)[/quote]That's a reasonable amount of choices. So then we could tally up all of the selections and then the top 3 would become the guys we would discuss for a possible selection.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

7th-UDFA TE Adrien Robinson
    Kevin_Weidl <span class="timeline">Kevin Weidl</span>
    Studying Cincy TE Adrien Robinson on tape. Think he has a chance to be a steal in this draft. Not used properly at Cincinnati.

Also at his proday he measured in at 6'4"264 ran a 4.55 40 and jumped 39.5 in the vert

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="TheEnigma"]It's an interesting idea but I think we should lay down some official procedures of sorts in order to do something like this.

#32 selection -

WR Stephen Hill
    TE Coby Fleener
    LB Dont'a Hightower
    DT Devon Still
    OT Mike Adams
    CB Stephon Gillmore
    S Mark Barron

It ultimately comes down to how serious you are about making a brainstorm that accounts for everyone's opinion and if you can get enough people to really get into it.[/quote]

For instance:

7 and 7c) Donte Paige-Moss (DE) / Nick Provo (TE) / Levy Ad**** (OT) / Cliff Harris (CB) / Marcel Jones (OT)[/quote]

Ah geez, you gotta go and make this 3 per........that makes my imagination go wild! There are so many WRs in this draft with potential........part of me really wants to see a WR picked by us in the 1-3 rounds......seriously, 3 per??!!