+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do we need to add something to our Offense now?

does the fact sf improved their offense by getting r.moss and mm to go along with vernon davis and probably peyton manning put pressure on us to improve our offense?

i was starting to come around to the jj/barden idea, but with the competition of the nfc, i'd think we'd want as dangerous an offense as possible.

we lost our 3rd wr to the team we faced in the NFC CG. in the 2nd half, we struggled to get first downs and move the ball bc SF took away our intermediate pass game. MM was virtually shut out except that clutch pass from eli right on the money. we need a proven guy to get 1rst downs against defenses like that. against weaker d's like NE, we were still able to exploit them. but defenses like SF, baltimore, etc., if they try and make us beat them by using JJ/Barden...I see that being a very unlikely winning situation for us...I dunno just thinking out loud...

probably a lil too desperate for smith but i just love the idea of him being our slot guy while we have nicks and cruz outside challenging defenses vertically with smith and bennett working the underneath to mid range...

even if its not SS, do you think with how teams are amping up, that we will need to add another piece on offense?

Re: Do we need to add something to our Offense now?

We were all up in arms about SS12 when he left. Most of us would have responded to a mention of Victor Cruz with a "who?" (or, if you're big on preseason, a "that guy that wore #3 right?")

In Reese we trust...

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]We were all up in arms about SS12 when he left. Most of us would have responded to a mention of Victor Cruz with a "who?" (or, if you're big on preseason, a "that guy that wore #3 right?")

In Reese we trust...[/quote]

yeah def. not gonna question the man. i was just thinking about how BB was going "make MM beat us. stay on cruz and nicks."

If a team goes "Make JJ/Barden beat us, stay on cruz and nicks" if we would be able to win it with those two guys. even if we think we can, it'd be best to have an insurance plan.

this isnt even focused on SS, thats just my personal choice. this is open to any wr that could come in here and make an impact. do we need a piece to add to our offense to ensure we can get it done no matter what the defense does?

Veteran

[quote user="giantsfan420"]If a team goes "Make JJ/Barden beat us, stay on cruz and nicks" if we would be able to win it with those two guys. even if we think we can, it'd be best to have an insurance plan.[/quote]

now that we have an athlete at TE like Bennett, there will always be someone open no matter who our opponent focuses on. I was against taking Stephen Hill in the 1st but it would just be so tempting. Just imagine Nicks and Hill on the outside with Cruz in the slot and Bennett coming off the line. Unf***king stoppable.

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="giantsfan420"]If a team goes "Make JJ/Barden beat us, stay on cruz and nicks" if we would be able to win it with those two guys. even if we think we can, it'd be best to have an insurance plan.[/quote]

now that we have an athlete at TE like Bennett, there will always be someone open no matter who our opponent focuses on. I was against taking Stephen Hill in the 1st but it would just be so tempting. Just imagine Nicks and Hill on the outside with Cruz in the slot and Bennett coming off the line. Unf***king stoppable.[/quote]Or even a guy like Streeter. It's crazy how Mayock had Stephen Hill as a 4th round pick pre-combine, now after the combine and his pro day he's a possible 1st round pick. Guys like Streeter & Hill will get drafted specifically to blow tops off defenses. These 2 are going to be exciting to watch at the next level.

Teams are going to gameplan around nicks/cruz now.......therefore tht 3rd spot has to stay strong & the running game has to bounce back.....

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="giantsfan420"]If a team goes "Make JJ/Barden beat us, stay on cruz and nicks" if we would be able to win it with those two guys. even if we think we can, it'd be best to have an insurance plan.[/quote]

now that we have an athlete at TE like Bennett, there will always be someone open no matter who our opponent focuses on. I was against taking Stephen Hill in the 1st but it would just be so tempting. Just imagine Nicks and Hill on the outside with Cruz in the slot and Bennett coming off the line. Unf***king stoppable.[/quote]Or even a guy like Streeter. It's crazy how Mayock had Stephen Hill as a 4th round pick pre-combine, now after the combine and his pro day he's a possible 1st round pick. Guys like Streeter & Hill will get drafted specifically to blow tops off defenses. These 2 are going to be exciting to watch at the next level.
    [/quote]

agree with both u guys. hill could be there for us round 1, but we could get a guy like streeter round 3. i'd prefer fleener bc he can play from the slot. depends on his proday. if fleener can run a 4.5 40 we'll take him, use him as a TE and in the slot, then round 3 could see streeter. remember bennett only is signed for a year and same for ballard...

We we really need running back that can be a threat in the passing game. Not sure if Scott is that guy but i know of 2 guys in the draft that can fit that mold, David Wilson and Lamar Miller.

We could also use a beast left tackle but that's for another day.

[quote user="TheBookOfEli"]We we really need running back that can be a threat in the passing game. Not sure if Scott is that guy but i know of 2 guys in the draft that can fit that mold, David Wilson and Lamar Miller.

We could also use a beast left tackle but that's for another day.[/quote]
    It'd be cool to see Hynoski's role in the pass attack increase. He became a useful dump-off option in 2011.

Our deficiency vs San Fran in 2011 was our inability to run the ball. Actually, to be more specific, their front 7 dominated ours. If we didnt have 1 of the toughest QBs in league history on our side, we would not have won that game.

If we want to better match up vs them, we need to improve 1) up front and 1a) our run game.