+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WHO Replaces MM

Is the rumor still going around about Steve Smith, well if so STOP!!

if Hixon stayed healthy and Cruz still got his shot this wouldnt even be an issue. i think we will pick someone up still!

Bench Player

Re: WHO Replaces MM

think we are set at wr

expect us to maybe draft one mid-late.

Jernigan. Manningham's shoes shouldn't be that hard to fill. Jernigan was a monster in college.

I don't think we have one guy who can fill Manningham's shoes right now.

But I do feel that we have other players who can combine for the production, and hopefully our offense won't suffer. Perhaps it will progress.

I'm going on record saying that Ramses will emerge this season as a significant NFL talent.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Starter

[quote user="Desepx"]think we are set at wr

expect us to maybe draft one mid-late.
    [/quote]

+1

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]Jernigan. Manningham's shoes shouldn't be that hard to fill. Jernigan was a monster in college.[/quote] Jerrnigan was a beast at Troy.. People sometimes quickly forget guys, just because they don't instantly start producing, but u go and try and produce with Cruz, Nicks and Mario all ahead of u with expierence at the NFL level, to boot...lolReese is great at creating a assembly line and when its the next guys turn, they turn it on...

Veteran

We have 2 WR's that both warrant double coverage. With that said I like the idea of the team developing a 3rd WR. MM showed significant improvement in his sophomore season, it's realistic to expect the same from Jernigan.

Regarding Cruz being our slot WR and Jernigan also being seen as a slot WR....

When Nicks was drafted many people on this forum weren't happy because they felt he wasn't a vertical/sideline threat and was more of a possession/slot type WR like Steve Smith - based on his college career.

With that said I don't think it's fair to label Jernigan just yet. He very well could replace Manningham on the outside.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Reese is great at creating a assembly line and when its the next guys turn, they turn it on...[/quote]

This. We don't sign big-name FA because we can just call the next man up. It happened with Cruz and JPP last year, this year it will happen with Jernigan, DScott, and Fresh Prince...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

[quote user="bleedinblue27"]

Is the rumor still going around about Steve Smith, well if so STOP!!

if Hixon stayed healthy and Cruz still got his shot this wouldnt even be an issue. i think we will pick someone up still!

[/quote]

At this moment, Hixon replaces Manningham
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]Jernigan. Manningham's shoes shouldn't be that hard to fill. Jernigan was a monster in college.[/quote] Jerrnigan was a beast at Troy.. People sometimes quickly forget guys, just because they don't instantly start producing, but u go and try and produce with Cruz, Nicks and Mario all ahead of u with expierence at the NFL level, to boot...lol**Reese is great at creating a assembly line and when its the next guys turn, they turn it on...[/quote]
    Jernigan is an under appreciated weapon on these boards. He is probably the best player on the team to run the wildcat through if they ever choose to do it. He was a great runner from the WC and reverse in college. He was an amazing receiver.