+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stephen Hills 10 Yard Split?!?!?!

Veteran

Stephen Hills 10 Yard Split?!?!?!

Wait a second is Stephen Hills 10 yard split really 1.20?! That has to be wrong. Does anyone know his official 10 yard?

Re: Stephen Hills 10 Yard Split?!?!?!

that's the only 10 yard split time that i can find, so I guess that is the right time

Veteran

[quote user="DownWitJPP"]that's the only 10 yard split time that i can find, so I guess that is the right time[/quote]

That's 2 tenths of a second faster than chris johnson! lol

Yup, thats true. I still don't think this guy has kendall wrights explosion off the snap but an absolutely incredible time.

Kendall Wright ran pretty slow at the combine
    4.61, that being said I think he plays faster than that. He doesn't look like a 4.61 receiver

When I started the hill thread that was the reason why. Combine that speed with his already excellent run blocking and you have a solid base of potential for him to build on. I know he has concentration issues, and doesn't know the complete route tree but he has the most potential of any wr in this draft. I think BC of his ability to get deep and run block he could play right away and continue to learn on the job. His best fit would be too a team like us were he wouldn't be expected to come in and be the saviour right away, he could grow into one of the best receivers in the NFL.

Veteran

[quote user="BluGiantPies"]When I started the hill thread that was the reason why. Combine that speed with his already excellent run blocking and you have a solid base of potential for him to build on. I know he has concentration issues, and doesn't know the complete route tree but he has the most potential of any wr in this draft. I think BC of his ability to get deep and run block he could play right away and continue to learn on the job. His best fit would be too a team like us were he wouldn't be expected to come in and be the saviour right away, he could grow into one of the best receivers in the NFL.[/quote]

I have to admit it would be quite scary seeing Nicks on the outside drawing safety help over the top, Hill taking the top off the coverage on the other side with his pure speed alone, then having Cruz wreak havoc in the slot, all while Bennett is running free up the seam lol. How can you stop that??

I honestly think that he would be an upgrade over Manningham almost instantly. He's much faster, a much bigger target, and seems to attack the ball while manningham would routinely wait for it to come to him.

I'm like a leg away from being on this kids bandwagon. He probably isn't savvy enough for the slot just yet with all of the route concepts that our offense requires knowledge of, but he could have a spot at the Z receiver. Hopefully Gilbride wouldn't throw too much at him too early into his career.

But depending on this kids development, he could develop as a top X receiver because of his size (little lanky though), and physicality. Either way, we will have some more leverage when it comes to Nicks and Cruz contracts.

Cruz needs to stay in the slot IMO..no one can cover the guy from there he's too quick and shifty

Jernigan was brought in to play the slot before we knew Cruz was gonna be a star. Don't think he is big enough to play on the outside hes only 5'8 189 LBS.

I believe we need another Tall, and fast receiver to stretch the field...If they double Nicks or Cruz Hill would blow right past them with his speed. I also like Michael Floyd

Veteran

[quote user="gmen0820"]I'm like a leg away from being on this kids bandwagon.[/quote]

Haha at first I was totally against it but I'm almost on the band wagon too. It makes a lot of sense when you look at it, especially with the leverage part you were talking about.

+ Reply to Thread