+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Stephen Hills 10 Yard Split?!?!?!

I've been preaching it for over a month lol. If we can't get hill or randle or maybe Jeffery in the first I want child's in the third even if we gotta trade up to make it happen. He can do the same things as hill, I'm just not sure his ceiling is as high. We have an elite qb, lets unleash him and give him the weapons he needs to be a 5000 yrd qb year in and year out and lead us back to the promised land.

[quote user="BluGiantPies"]I've been preaching it for over a month lol. If we can't get hill or randle or maybe Jeffery in the first I want child's in the third even if we gotta trade up to make it happen. He can do the same things as hill, I'm just not sure his ceiling is as high. We have an elite qb, lets unleash him and give him the weapons he needs to be a 5000 yrd qb year in and year out and lead us back to the promised land.[/quote]

I agree with this. We need an outside guy, not a slot. All the guys you mention are outside guys and we wouldnt have to move Cruz if we got 1 of those guys. I also agree, and have said many times, Childs is a stud, especially for where he is rated.

The only thing I would say is I would be very shocked if we went for Jeffery. Im not as down on his game as much as I am down on his work ethic and his character being the stuff we tend to avoid early in the draft. But then again, I am not in the interview room and maybe he aced it. I just dont think so.

Veteran

Hill is on my list of guys I wouldn't mind seeing taken in the 1st.

That being said, I could see him taking the "Barden" route.

He's used to a relatively simple offense, where his job is to run block, or run towards the goal-line as fast as possible. Considering how complicate Gilbride's offense is, I think he'd have to be red-shirted for his rookie year (maybe spot duty and gunner work).

...Then fans would be moaning about how rookies never start under Coughlin and he needs to be put out to pasture, then he'd be labeled a "Bust" and folks will be out for Reese's head, despite him probably saying that they wouldn't expect much from him right away.