+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Needs?

Re: Needs?

[quote user="lawl"]

Don't be shocked to see another DE drafted in the first two rounds.

Osi has to be traded this offseason.

Tuck and Kiwi will both be FAs after next year.

That's potentially 3 guys lost in the next two years, thats alot of turnover at a position that our FO likes to keep loaded.

As for need, Greg Jones has not played well at all and Goff is hurt. MLB is the biggest question mark, as we really have noone suitable on the team to play it.

Cornerback- TT and Ross possibly gone this offseason with Webster aging another year, we need another high quality player at the position. Even if TT is re-signed, I'd like to see us draft a corner with great measurables in the 3rd-4th rd area so that when it's time for Webster to go, we have a quality player.

TE/RB- our team is slowly becoming a passing juggernaut. A true athlete to play TE would be ideal. Pass catching RB fits into this as well.

[/quote]
    Agree, if Kuechly's available it will be a slam dunk sure thing for the Giants. After that its anyone's guess.

My guess is in the 2nd round we go either C/TE/RB/DT....I don't think the secondary is as a big a need as others do. If TT returns to form, him Webster, amukamara, Phillips, and Rolle make up a pretty formidable unit on paper.

As for the Dline I think the 3some of Tuck, Kiwi and JPP should be able to hold down the fort for another year (Trade Osi for picks). As for DT it depends if JR is ready to cut his losses with Canty yet (Due 6 mil next year) which really only leave us with Linval as a proven commodity.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="juice33s"]I've basically missed the entire year so I'm admittedly a little lost in what this team will be targeting come draft time....So fill me in in what we need and whose underperformed

LT/RT- is Beatty the answer or do we target one early/ is Kareem finnally showing signs of slowing down?

MLB- Goff's status is up in the air (Injury/contract), is Jones the answer or do we target Kuechly?

Secondary- We have the 29th ranked pass defense plus TT and Ross will be FA's....Corner appears to be a likely early target.

Anything else?
    [/quote]

OLine- Doesnt matter what position just the best guy U can find.They have some flexibility to move guys

TE- If theres a new coaching staff Ballard may not cut it as a Starter

RB-Jacobs is as good as gone and Bradshaws always hurt.An in between the tackles horse like Chris Polk could be the answer.

CB-Will depend on what happens with Thomas and Ross. If the giants bring both back they will boast a very deep secondary.

S-Id like to see a rangy FS brought in but I doubt the Giants do it.

QB-I think the Giants could take a QB in the middle rounds if theres a new coaching staff.

DT- A lot depends on FA.Canty could get cut.Bernard isnt a lock.Austin hasnt played in 2 years and the run defense is awful.

DE- I could see the Giants drafting an end with Kiwi and Osi being FA's in 2013.The spot is crowded if they move kiwi back like they should.

LB-Jacquain Williams and Michael Boleywill make a very strong nickel Duo in the future. The real "?" is at MLB. If Goff is brought back things are looking up.Still a guy that could play as a SOLB or MLB would be ideal.

Its hard to predict what the giants will be looking for because there could be some coaching changes.That will determine how this offense and defense shakes out

[/quote]
    Redeye let me hear your early 3 round mock for the G-Men.....Also who are some must have players in your opinion?

I've been trying to catch up on this years draft prospects (Thanks in large part to your video's) and i must say that I find this years class very underwhelming....not alot of guys jumping off the screen and getting me excited so to speak

[quote user="juice33s"]I've basically missed the entire year so I'm admittedly a little lost in what this team will be targeting come draft time....So fill me in in what we need and whose underperformed

LT/RT- is Beatty the answer or do we target one early/ is Kareem finnally showing signs of slowing down?

MLB- Goff's status is up in the air (Injury/contract), is Jones the answer or do we target Kuechly?

Secondary- We have the 29th ranked pass defense plus TT and Ross will be FA's....Corner appears to be a likely early target.

Anything else?
    [/quote]I guess a lot depends on how our year ends, any kind of coaching changes etc. I'm not sure who is available or maybe targeted in free agency. But I would like to see the addition of a CB, like you said--Thomas is coming off a second ACL surgery on the same knee and he and Ross are both FAs. I like Kirkpatrick and Claiborne, but maybe a Boykin, Minnifield, Judie or Hayward would be good additions to our secondary.

MLB--well Goff is coming off injury and is a FA as well, but if Kuechly is there when the Giants pick, I say bring him on in---maybe Goff comes back and gets a fair contract and can move over to Sam backer? Teo is another backer I would be ok with in Giants blue.

And of course, the O-line needs some work. They looked better with Boothe and Petrus this passed week, but guys like DeCastro, Konz, Brewster, Jones and Zeitler would be solid upgrades to our interior line.

Outside of a Trent Richardson in the 1st rd, I think Polk or Ball(2nd or 3rd rd)would be nice additions to our running backs, especially if Jacobs is sent packing.

Another TE, DT and maybe a QB(in a later rd) to groom behind Eli are possibilites in my opinion.

“Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

LB, actually wouldn't be a bad idea to grab 2......

Oline, I see that being addressed in FA....

DT,Canty is way overpaid for his average play & Austin will be basically be a rookie,2 years out of football & fresh off IR...

RB,we need to draft BJs replacement & Scott or brown upgrade to Ware....

TE, two real TEs could really help this Offense..

S,let's face it Rolle & Phillips have been nothing special....

CB,we've seen how valuable CB depth could be....

And possibly a WR, what were to happen if we find ourselves in the same situation with H.A.M as we were with Boss...

Bench Player

on defense we have not preperly addressed the SLB position.
    i think Kiwi should return ti DE and trade Osi for a high pick.
    Sintim was a bust and Hezrlich may not be the answer.
    A slb i like is Keenan Robinson (UTexas). he could be a nice 3rd round target for us. an every down lb.
    anyone like Robinson and agree SLB is an urgent need?

+ Reply to Thread