+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Jerry Reese believes his 1985 Yugo GV "a few parts away" from matching 2016 BMW M5 performance.

Giants GM Jerry Reese believes the 1985 Yugo GV he purchased from his cousin Ned is "only a few parts away" from matching the 170mph speed of a brand new BMW M5.

"Sure, the car needs some work, obviously," Reese said Thursday at the NFL Scouting Combine. "But I think it's close enough to believe that we can realistically compete with a 2016 BMW M5."

"If we rotate a couple tires, we could be looking at 150, 160, maybe even 170 miles per hour. There are some other reasons, too. Sure, the 1.1 liter engine is part of it, but Ned made some bad decisions. Sometimes it was the road conditions, sometimes it was the weather, and sometimes it had to do with some other things. We couldn't drive the car the way we wanted at the end of some roads. And we've just got to shift some gears sometimes to open that Yugo up".

"A few parts here and there, and this Yugo could be looking at 170 mph instead of 63 mph. That's the way cars can be. You have to go in there and floor it. We didn't do that enough. But wait until 2016....I'm putting some new floormats in this bad boy."

"Check your rearview mirror, M5"

Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 03-02-2016 at 09:26 PM.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Giants GM Jerry Reese believes the 1985 Yugo GV he purchased from his cousin Ned is "only a few parts away" from matching the 170mph speed of a brand new BMW M5.

"Sure, the car needs some work, obviously," Reese said Thursday at the NFL Scouting Combine. "But I think it's close enough to believe that we can realistically compete with a 2016 BMW M5."

"If we rotate a couple tires, we could be looking at 150, 160, maybe even 170 miles per hour. There are some other reasons, too. Sure, the 1.1 liter engine is part of it, but Ned made some bad decisions. Sometimes it was the road conditions, sometimes it was the weather, and sometimes it had to do with some other things. We couldn't drive the car the way we wanted at the end of some roads. And we've just got to shift some gears sometimes to open that Yugo up".

"A few parts here and there, and this Yugo could be looking at 170 mph instead of 63 mph. That's the way cars can be. You have to go in there and floor it. We didn't do that enough. But wait until 2016....I'm putting some new floormats in this bad boy. Watch out M5"
    I have a supercharged M3, Love it.

Candidate for thread of the year.

Central NJ - the DMZ of Giants/Eagles land
    Awesome thread.
    *Just beat the damn Cowboys and I can be happy.*

Wink

"A few parts here and there, and this Yugo could be looking at 170 mph instead of 63 mph. That's the way cars can be. You have to go in there and floor it. We didn't do that enough. But wait until 2016....I'm putting some new floormats in this bad boy."

Well done.

Now all we need to make this thread complete is a novel explanation from gmen46 on how Jerry Reese's yugo is a winning formula.

Banned
    Im pretty sure if we add a racing stripe and some flames, we can easily pick up 50 horsepower.

Share with ESPN

This is so GOOD you should send it to ESPN

Video just surfaced of Mara and Reese driving home from the combine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKtFIgmoqoI

Spot on analogy! Best post of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!